Filling is a Bit Buggy

I don’t know if it’s just me but the filling tool is a bit buggy.

I reported some fill tool bugs on Github. Are these the bugs you’re referring to?

No. But the reason this is happening to you is because Wick Editor uses a Vector format. So you would need to make a whole shape for one eye and another shape for the other eye.

Hope I helped!
Zanarama5

EDIT: Doesn’t matter! I didn’t look through your whole GIF. It is most certainly a bug. Sorry for the wrong information. (I was thinking about a different animating tool)

Yeah, halfway through the GIF, I start trying to fill in those corners next to the eyes. But I can’t do it because the bucket fill starts picking up and moving the paths, which it shouldn’t do. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes it is kind of silly how it works. I hope the devs fix it!:smiley:

Thanks for the gif @kryptot7.

@Zanarama5 Do you have any videos/gifs of the problems you were experiencing? Would make it way easier to figure out what’s going wrong.

Our fill bucket definitely needs some work!

I will start working on another short animation and i’m sure I will bump into a problem with the fill tool.
@Luxapodular P.S. Why do I need to wait 12 hours until I make another Topic?

@Zanarama5 Hmm, must be a forum setting. Let me check it out.

Hey all ~

I just posted a prerelease version of 0.08 that addresses some of the fill bucket issues - check it out! Wick 0.08 Prerelase

1 Like

Just tested it and by what I have done so far, the bug has been fixed! :smiley:

1 Like