Did you know? - Patreon

Hello All:
Did you know that you could help to the Wick Editor’s team to make things faster? They have a Patreon page that starting with $2.00 you could join and be part of the family. They have different tiers from $2.00 to $50.00 with different benefits.

https://www.patreon.com/join/WickEditor

I know, I know… - “If this is free, why I should pay?” - For that same reason. If you were paying for a non-free version of this software, you will be paying $20.99/month to Adobe which for their Animate software. I prefer to pay something to the WickEditor team, so they can develop a similar tool free for everyone. -“Yeah, yeah, but Jovanny, this tool has too many bugs…” - Well, that is another reason to collaborate and support them ,so they can fix them.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 8.17.39 PM

Do you know how many people are currently supporting them? 18. Yup, 18. This is extremely low an unacceptable. We should show more love here.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 8.23.30 PM

This is me discovering more ways to help this team. If you are enjoying this tool, and you can support the team with something (at least $2.00), please do so… Let help the team to make this tool successful.

If you are under age, and you don’t have any way to do a payment or so, you could still help to promote this tool, by sharing the tool in the social networks, etc…

4 Likes

thx for clarifying that, i am a kid and apparently lemonade stands are illegal in my state lol

8 Likes

I know that this post might be a little bit old, but I’ll just reply here to pump it to the top of the main page b/c that was a really great speech!

I’ll try to support the Wick Forums through social media
(Sadly I can’t pay yet, but I will when I’m capable of so)

4 Likes

You can also now support through GitHub Sponsers as well, which might be preferable to some people (it was for me because I don’t have a Patreon account and GitHub lets you use Paypal).

You are daily paying with your support and love for the community. Helping others and promoting this is one of the best ways to do it. Thank you so much. Hamzah

3 Likes

lol they still have 18 patreons

now they have 17

It is sad because the Editor have hundreds of users, but they are either too young to cooperate or they are not willing to help the team.

If we consider the active users (Last 30 days), we have 129 people active on the forum… this is without counting the users that use the Editor, but not the forums. Assuming that the 18 people supporting the patreon campaign are within those active 129, the percentage cooperating is ~14%, the other ~86% is either under these 3 categories… [1] Under age, [2] Don’t know about the campaign, or [3] They are not willing to cooperate. If we consider the All Time Users is even worst.

1 Like

I honestly agree. Wick editor was first created by two college students, and look at it today, there might be more people in the Wick team, but it already works better than a lot of other softwares! Imagine now if more supporters helped? Here’s a link if u wanna support wick.

Also, even if ur underage, if u have yt, u can support wick with a subscription. Maybe also follow them on insta or other social media sites, and try to invite people to this amazing site!
Anyone is capable of helping, so let’s pay back the favor

1 Like

I can at least be glad that I’m doing what I can, I’m underage but I’m hosting a school club for Wick. They won’t be able to support Wick with donations either but it’s something.

2 Likes

That is so great. Excellent! I’ll be also posting it in Facebook today.

wurts that, just asking

Edited, social networks (Facebook)

1 Like

We can eliminate #2 for most people.

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 12.57.54 PM
(this was only recently added so non-forum Wick users have an excuse)

(it’s a pinned post, hard to not notice)

#3 is the main reason, people are naturally selfish or don’t want to go out of the way to do it.

Then you have #1. Understandable, but there are still ways to help. Things like hosting a club at school, advertising on social media, etc. Subscribing to Luca on YouTube is also a way to contribute. In fact, I think Luca just reached 1000 subscribers.

Thanks for listening to my TED Talk.

1 Like

I do want to make it clear that no one is obligated to financially support the editor. It is very obviously appreciated, but if folks are unable to contribute financially that is ok! As you said however, there are so many non-monetary ways folks can support us, such as sharing projects and letting people know they were made in Wick Editor.

It is free. You don’t have to pay anything to use it. This post is not to obligate people to pay, it is more to show people that there are several ways to contribute to the ones that are developing this tool.

I wish they could add features faster and I wish that they could fix issues faster… How I could contribute to that so they can work faster? An option would be supporting them in those campaigns or sharing Wick projects with the World.

why did you change your profile pic

with the 1010101001101010101
you do not even code

A lot of people think binary code looks like a cool pattern (especially with the black/green color scheme)
You don’t have to be a programmer to like the way it looks :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

few possible reasons.

1. it just looks cool, like bluecake said. kinda why it’s on my “shirt” too.
  2. his goals are beyond us. he’s secretly making an elaborate multiverse simulation. or at least a game.
  3. he wants to learn coding stuff.
2 Likes

Oh I forgot that it looks really cool

1 Like