How do i hide/show layers?

like what’s the function

You hide layers by clicking the eye :eye: next to the layer. Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 7.40.21 AM

The point of it is to hide a layer so that you don’t get so confused with hundreds of layers at the same time. Hiding a layer doesn’t make sense for me, I still don’t see the point of hiding a layer if you still don’t lock it? I guess it helps you see what is in what layer.

No, i wanna hide it through code.

well you can’t hide the layer it self but you can hide the objects IN the layer. the code for dissaperance is this:
this.opacity-=NUMBER
you can replace the minus with a plus to made text appear. if you have any question, let me know :)

2 Likes

There should be an internal function though that is still not public. The editor 1.18 can hide layers at runtime using the new right pane. I think that we should be able to use the same funcrion in our code.

1 Like

Oh, hide a layer through code? There is no way to do that specifically through code, but there was a lag that I found once where if you’d name an object ‘end’ the frame would disappear at run time. Apparently it overwrites a “special value that belongs to the browser.”

If you or anyone knew a way to add an object with the name, ‘end,’ during run time through code, it’s going to hide that frame. That’s all I know, but you could do like what @mojad said, change the opacity