How do you make a simple snake game

how can you make a simple snake game on wick

simple is always a relative word
One way could be to organize your playing area as a grid
Snakes could be arrays of positions in the grid
Every time a snake moves you check his position against other arrays (snakes) or position points on the grid (elements to be eated or avoided) then you update the array (new position)

3 Likes

I didn’t quite get it but thanks for helping

Jordy no offence but from your questions it appears that you are quite green from the coding point of view
Making a game or a drawing app require you to have a learning process (you know? walk, run, jump and maybe fly)
If you are interested in wickeditor you may find very beneficial to follow javascript and wickeditor tutorials
Start small, have solid foundations than start build on top

3 Likes

yeah I don’t really know js and I’m trying to learn but it has been hard still imma keep learning

2 Likes

Well, if you really want to learn javascript, there is a course at khanacademy.com. There is also w3schools.com if you want to get advanced (but I do recommend doing khan academy because it’s simpler).

2 Likes

What are the odds… This is one of the games that I have in the pipeline for a tutorial… As @blurredPixels says… A simple game is not always translate to “easy to implement” game…

If we are talking about the same game… the one that I played years ago from a Nokia cell phone (when the touch screen didn’t even existed) (Oh God, I’m getting old…), it has some intermediate / advance programming concepts…

1 Like

I’ve been thinking of how to do a snake game for a while, but I couldn’t figure out how to make a grid. I tried using @bluecake’s grid code but it started slowing down at 8x8, and unusable at 12x12.

I guess you have to organize your game in a theorical grid having a single image or flat color as background or the sheer number of squares could kill your application as you already experienced
the snake himself could grow up very big
some kind of tricks (like breaking apart snake segments) could speed up performances