[tryouts ended] Forum fighters control room (CLOSED)

hope this video helps

(the word video is a link)

1 Like

I think to limit the number of people, you have about 2 days to try out. after that, you have until the next day to give something.

• it needs to be new, unique and original (not just your character walking or whatever)
  • spend some time on it, but not too much because of the time limit
  • be creative with the limited time

well the mouth was ok though it was too fast

I think itā€™s a painting sitting down to think of an idea. The lip sync is not bad, Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s either saying ā€œoh heyā€ or ā€œoh waitā€. However, I donā€™t see a reason to have text without lip syncing if you lip synced the part before. To make it super obvious I would put subtitles of the whole thing and lip sync.

The thing is, I donā€™t think we need lip sync. Whether mlg thinks thatā€™s not an issue or not, thatā€™s not my part.

Itā€™s good animation, but I might recommend lowering the fps cause the eyes blink fast

Also, the title says tryouts start Sep 26 for 9 people (idk who picked that day, maybe @mlgcoolguys_1)

Well awc95014 said that it needed to be unique and original and I donā€™t think a character just standing still and blinking is very original.

^ I agree.

^^^ Iā€™d recommend making it slide across the gif and adding the picture guy in the background saying hi, and the stickman ninja teleporting through portals? In the end, everything that you made is pretty good, but can be combined together to show the element of creativity!

You put a good amount of detail in your animations, which is a good thing, but when it comes to animating, try to plan beforehand.

Some animating tips for anyone

Try to sketch a comic page about an animation that you wanna make, look for a perfect
idea! For example, the chrome icon can be a Pokeball, and the firefox can be a pokemon,
and I donā€™t have to tell you what will happen next to have you know. Another idea can be a
computer looking for his keys (get it?). An animation doesnā€™t always have to be a gif, it can
be a 1 min good animation. Try using more frames to make your animations more smooth,
use the opacity tool to have the last frame fade out in the new one, and try to be picky when
looking for a perfect fps number! Trust me, this will be worth your time :+1:

I did. I picked that date because I want to figure this out asap, but people still need time to do it. I felt like 2 days was okay, but maybe 2 isnā€™t enough

I am NOT trying to hurt your feelings. I'm analyzing your animations and giving your truthful reviews.

While the characters themselves look okay, thereā€™s minimal creativity and uniqueness. Everyone has the exact same feet, mouth, and eyes. Anybody couldā€™ve easily stuck the body parts onto, say, a tissue box and it would be the exact same thing.

The animation before didnā€™t make any sense. The body parts have the transparent png checker pattern, suggesting you just screenshotted everything. That doesnā€™t show originality. The body is completely disproportionate to the feet, which feels like you didnā€™t really try. There are random green lines on the head and body suggesting you swapped random things for other things without completely cropping the green out. Itā€™s also really choppy.

The animation before that is a bit better, but itā€™s also very choppy and thereā€™s a random line on the person when it moves. The random line makes me feel you didnā€™t really test it out.

Your blue jello animation looks okay, but it holds zero effort.

I already described your painting animation. The hand is kind of wonky, and the lip sync also doesnā€™t fit with whatā€™s happening.

As far as your first 2 animations go, I would have absolutely no clue what the first one was because it has absolutely nothing to do with yelling for help. The second one has nothing to do with cameras or ninjas.

By looking at what you gave us, it seems you donā€™t really have much originality or creativity. Some animations feel choppy and others donā€™t make sense. The animations that need context to understand lack it. Your characters are cute, so I suggest taking some time to use them in a creative way.

@anon15550918
Your loyalty and determination are things to behold
but due to your lack of experience, I must first have you go through some training as an animator
@mojad may you pick someone who knows animation well enough to teach marshall and is currently free now?

3 Likes

Your characters look nice, but Iā€™d recommend putting in some more timeā€¦

If youā€™re interested in learning how to animate, check out Alan Beckerā€™s tutorials
(I watched almost all of his videos, theyā€™re really great)

@mlgcoolguys_1, Iā€™m happy that you are mentioning that. Sometimes is better to have someone in a team that has the willing to work and get better, and determined, and so on rather than someone with a lot of skills, but with a lack of interest.

2 Likes

I have something laying aroundā€¦
shuffle shuffle AHA!
So I canā€™t share it cause it to big and google isnā€™t working for meā€¦ iā€™ll try tho

use drive lol

1 Like

Try using dropbox

here is the list

2 Likes

Donā€™t got a dropbox acc

what do i do?

scroll up theres a task to ā€œimpress meā€

1 Like