**Clips and Groups?**

Hello, I, like a lot of other people it seems, are new to the Wick editor, and I would like it if someone could explain what Clips, Groups, and buttons are and how to use them. Also if you have any tips for a beginner, I would be delighted to hear.

Groups are when you take a bunch of drawing objects, and convert it to one object. Good for when you want to reuse a object in animation.
Clips are like groups, but they have their own timeline so you can animate inside. They can also be clickable and affected by code. Good for when you want to tween an animated object. It’s also your best friend when making them lil’ flash games.
Buttons are like movie clips, but it’s main purpose is to do things when clicked. Such as to start a movie or play a Clip when “Mouse_CLICK”

1 Like

Thanks, i have also had the problem of not knowing how to get the clips’ animation to play, do you know how to fix that?
Also your gif was awesome. . .

I’m pretty sure clips work like movie clips in Flash. Maybe you can see the clip in action when running the animation