Taking Integer Inputs and Doing Array Operations

I’m trying to come up with a way that I can make an interactive animation that first takes x and y coordinate inputs from the user via something like a text box and then uses them in several array and matrix operations.

My second option is to build the input system in a way that a 20x20 coordinate system is visible and the user selects the points by clicking on them. I still need to record the coordinates users clicked to do further matrix operations on them, though.

Hi @TurulBird, We don’t have built in text inputs in Wick yet. Creating the 20x20 Coordinate system is also an option! Since you can add whatever JavaScript you’d like to your project, you can do this in a huge number of ways. Here’s a way that uses a single hotspot, records the mouse location, and then abstracts that location to simpler X,Y coordinates. (To see the list of coordinates, you’ll need to open your JavaScript Web Console and hit any key on your keyboard).

The problem you’re presenting is a bit abstract, so let me know if I can be of any more help, or if you have a project you want me to look at.

mouseInputs.html (783.3 KB)