$500 Wick Editor Animation Contest!

Hi Everyone,

We’re cohosting an animation contest with the folks at Anim8.io!

Take a look! We’d love to see some submissions from the community.

7 Likes

Omg i have to get a move on! im just now hearing about this and i know i have potential! Wish you all Luck btw. i cant wait to see what everyone makes

1 Like

are you ever gonna host another one

I think anyone can host a new contest?

It doesn’t always need to have a $500 reward, it could just be for fun :yum:

2 Likes

Oh shoot your right!

hmmm, a contest… I think this’ll be a good way to challenge animators and cheer them to make the BEST animations ever!

oh boy should i start preparing

We could certainly host another contest! Maybe we can hold something each month? What do you guys think? (It may not always have prizes though, but could be fun!

4 Likes

That’s great news!

yes!

I would love that

yay. that would be fun!

Id be down! it would definately Motivate people to use this site more. People often use Wick and then either give up or find funds for a better program.

Should be fun!

But it wont be easy.

I remember seeing the anim8 jam results a long time ago, some of the wick artists in there are a LEGEND now, they motivated me to make some animations when my head was blank, though some of the stuff that made it to top 10 surprised me a bit…

That, I gotta agree with. I am a good animator, but I haven’t done normal animations for a very long time. I spend more time coding than drawing.

useless checklist of what's required for this contest
  • The Wick Editor anim8 jam had a theme, will there be one for the upcoming contest?
  • When might the very first “wick only” contest start? If it’s the first, I gotta be in it!
  • I’ll be guessing the moderators are the judges, or will everyone vote?
  • How long would a contest go for?
  • How will we see the results? (Will u just post them on wick forums, or through a yt video?)
  • Who is/ are the winner/s? Best top 20, 15, 10, 3, or just 1?

For your “useless checklist of what’s required for this contest”
i’d have to say the following in response. (This is my opinion on how the next one would go)
The theme could maybe revolve around Social Distancing, because why not set a reminder for people.
Id have to be in the next wick only contest too. lets just hope its the next contest.
I think everyone should vote but i wouldnt mind either or.
id say a monthly contest should start 7 days after the month has started and then end 3 days before it ends. those three days will be the showcasing of the animations people produced.
honestly any of the listed ways we could see the results would be fine, but i think it should be a youtube video so that people could have a chance to see wick and potentially join it.

1 Like

Yikes I made a long message

Do you need an Anim8 account to enter the contest?

oop never mind