Bug in first few frames of animation

I made a simple animation, and I noticed what looks like a bug.
Happy04BUG.wick (190.2 KB)
In the start of the animation (first few frames), there is a vastly different behaviour in what it looks like in the timeline when running the red timeline position cursor through it (that red thing representing position like a cursor in the timeline, clicking and dragging to right), and what it looks like actually playing (play button).
When playing, the black shadow smoothly runs from left to right, but in the timeline, it starts from the middle, moves left, and then moved right again.
I uploaded it to wick for web, and the result was the bounced animation running during both playing and moving through timeline.
However, I created it to be smooth, and realised only after adding more components that it was bouncing during timeline scroll and running as I intended it to during normal playback.
However, upon uploading to wick web (I use wick desktop usually), it showed the bouncing shadow both in timeline AND play, meaning this double instance of occurrences happens only in wick for desktop.

2 Likes

huh, that’s a very strange bug.

i tried to fix it, sorta. the beginning of the spotlight is good, but the rest needs to be fixed i think. i changed the center of rotation to be at the start of the spotlight.

My Project5-2-2021_9-49-33.wick (190.1 KB)

1 Like

Thanks!
How do you change the centre of rotation?

1 Like