Clips and such

Hi, I accidentally cross-posted to another section (apologies). I am very new to Wick Editor and want to know how to use a clip. For example, I onion-skinned a little guy walking in place. Can I make him into a clip and import him into another project I’ve saved?

Hey @ProfoundlyAverage, there’s currently no way to directly turn a series of frames into a clip. However, you can select all of the frames that make the animation, and paste those into a new clip that you’ve made!

1. draw a placeholder
  2. Convert that placeholder to a clip.
  3. Copy the frames of the animation
  4. Edit the clip’s timeline (Double click on it, or use the button on the side)
  5. Then, paste the frames into the object’s timeline.
  6. delete the placeholder

And you have an animated clip!

Hi there,
How do you copy and paste frames?

image test4-28-2020_3-54-33PM.wick (3.4 MB)

Sorry, I sent you the wrong one. Here is the correct one (it took forever):image test4-28-2020_3-54-33PM.wick (3.4 MB)

One more time (I must be getting tired!) Sorry.
person walking4-28-2020_3-59-24PM.wick (3.4 MB)

Hey @ProfoundlyAverage, you can select multiple frames by clicking and dragging on the timeline. You can then use the copy/past command on your keyboard, or the copy/past buttons on the toolbar.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 4.32.46 PM

I think I got it! I’m not sure how I did it, but…Red Shirt4-28-2020_5-20-17PM.wick (2.3 MB)

i think you can shift-click too. click on frame 1 and shift-click frame 3, and all the frames between 1 and 3 (including 1 and 3) will get selected. I think command+click doesn’t select frames in between.

Yeah you’re right