Code for mouse button 2 and 3? Scrolling?

Dear smart people of the Wick life,

I’ve been wondering (and trying to figure out) for the past week if it’s possible to code mouse buttons two and three (Right click and the middle button of the mouse) and a scroll down? If so, I’d be grateful to see how the code looks and works! But if it’s yet not possible, don’t leave me hanging, please let me know - to save myself time from trying! Thanks!

Sincerely,
~Hamzah Alani

1 Like

Not completely sure, but as far as I can tell it doesn’t seem like there’s a way to get these inputs :sob:

I’ll let you know if I find out a way, but in the meantime I’ll submit a feature request.

Thanks @nick for letting me know :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, nick (and anyone who thinks that
they could help),I was wondering if it was
possible to code an object to be send
to front during a mouse-drag event? I
need a feature that functions that way
in a puzzle game I’m working on, and
I would be grateful if you could send
me a code, unless if there wasn’t one
:keyboard: :computer_mouse:

Hi @Hamzah_Al_Ani!
Right now there isn’t a way to change render order unfortunately. However, one way I can think of to “fake” render order would be to have two layers with identical objects, except the objects on the top layer are hidden unless you are currently dragging the corresponding object on the bottom layer, like this project:
Drag5-28-2020_10-51-31AM.wick (2.4 KB)
When you release the object it doesn’t stay on top, but at least when you’re dragging it it’s on top :smile:

If you need them to stay on top after they’re released, in order to fake it you would need as many layers as there are objects. If you want, let me know and I’ll explain more and make an example, but it will be pretty complicated!

I see what you mean, looking
over the code, looks like you’ve
made a top “cover” for the object
that would be attached with it! I
never thought about it, thanks
@nick!

1 Like