Exported GIF playing at lower fps

Complete the following questions so forum users and Wick Editor developers can give you the best help possible! If the following questions are not completed, your post may be edited or removed.

Has this bug been reported already?
No. No results on searching.

Describe the bug
Exporting a GIF of my wick file gives me a lower fps than I set, meaning my animation goes slower than it’s supposed to.

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the bug, if you have them:

1. Attached file: TM4.wick (48.1 KB)
  2. Try to export as GIF
  3. Save GIF and view
  4. It plays at very low fps, presumably 12?

See attached ^
    Happens both on desktop app and web app.

Expected behavior
FPS to remain as set instead of going lower, ie:

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

*Computer Information

• Device Type: Desktop
  • Browser: Chrome; AND downloaded application

Do you have a suggested solution to this issue? (ex. has another program fixed this bug a certain way? Are you familiar with where in the code base someone would need to fix this issue?)

Additional context Optional*
My project was at 100 fps. Slightly unconventional. This was so that my animation would happen fast. Could be the cause.

One thing you could do (depending on how skilled you are in using photo editing software) is to export as an image sequence then fire up GIMP or photoshop and load them up and then export as a GIF if you really need a GIF that badly (I have no idea why people use GIFs anymore). I suggest this because you can customize the delay and frame skipping and all that using GIMP or photoshop. I mean, of course, you can use video editing software too and do this but I’m only familiar with Blender.

1 Like

It could work, but I’m not that skilled in photo editing software. Thanks for the suggestion, tho.
I don’t need the GIF bad, but I would prefer having a GIF for this specific animation. Plus, this is a bug report after all.