Exporting video problem

When i went to save my animation (a short one with sound) I went to see my file, and it said it was a mpeg file, but you said it was mp4. Then i tried playing the video, and it wouldn’t play. I tried downloading it again, but this time the audio was a seperate mpeg file from the video. Please help

Hi @MeanGreenMachine!

Could you upload your project file here? I can look through it and see what the issue is. It is most likely a bug in the video exporter.

Thanks~

i once exported an animation as a video, and it said it was mp4, but i wasnt able to play it because movies and tv said it was either a corrupted file or the wrong video format

my animation (with a short sound) doesn’t like to be a video cuz whenever i convert it to a video it doesn’t work and i just have a black screen for 5 seconds instead of my animation and idk how to fix it cuz from what i know it being a few second animation with a sound that last less than a second wouldn’t have a issue being turned into a video

the exact thing it says when i try to see it in the video form is - This item was encoded in a format that’s not supported. - which makes no sense to me cause it works just fine as a gif but not as a video. btw this is in the version 1.16.2 if that helps but idk if it does…

Hey @I_Do_Stuffs, try exporting on the test branch (test.wickeditor.com). There’s quite a few improvements to the video editor on this branch. Let me know if it works!

I Have an animation around 1899 frames when I go to export it everything runs fine until it has to render the image. I waited 4 hours waiting for it to finish rendering but nothing happened. Same thing happens when I try to export a 30 from animation

Hi @Anime_Outlet, can you send me the .wick file? I can take a look. (If ti’s too large, please send a google drive link) You’re welcome to PM as well and I’ll keep it confidential.

It is on a different account so I will send it from there

How long until I can upload an attachment because I joined because of the problem. I am Anime Outlet on a second account

How would I send a PM to you since I can’t upload an attachment yet because my account is to new?

@Toast, I’ve updgraded your account! Feel free to add here. If you select my icon, you should see a “Message” buttton for PMs if you prefer.

I have a 65 frame walk cycle and I can’t export it it just gets stuck at rendered: 0.00Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 12.34.53 PM

This is an issue I’m currently exploring. I’ve tried to replicate it on 4 separate computers with no luck :confused:. Will be doing some more research tomorrow.