Forum Fighters: Rewritten (Discontinued)

:rage:

then make them take less time :troll:

If this is something we can somehow collaborate on then I’m all ears

Frankly, I’m a little hurt jumble, I’d never leave FFr, after all it is my adopted project and told you I was off to search for new lands. Which I did accomplish in that.

I’m sure you are all aware of “scratch” but did you know it had a bigger, stronger yet less popular cousin?
It appealed to me, since my plan was to invest years to learn the ropes of coding and Js for the perpose of re-coding the game in a different engine in my image. But it gave me a shortcut… A coding system in the flavor of scratch while also being hundred of times more capable: Gdevelop.

Now, I certainly can’t be seen advertising things like this on wick forums. Much less linking to another site! So this is a purely informative post to tell you where I’ve gone and what I’m planning, so far, I’m just doing theory crafting so that I can minimize having to go back on myself when coding,
The following photo is just a few of my many pages of planning…

Gdevelop is whole new world, and while it’s not difficult, it’s still challenging and new :p

Following me means not utilizing Js, and I new the rest of you work better with it.

1 Like

Also @pumpkinhead , you didn’t respond to the closure, but I assumed you read that FFr - at least within the wick editor - has been discontinued, I’m unsure why you are still working on it, are you doing it as practise or because you just wa-

OH.

You are working on transferring the project as well?!! Why haven’t you told us?!

He did post it on a thread in the discord server.

1 Like

I didn’t post about it on the forums because it wasn’t exactly about Wick Editor. Also, I started that project mainly because I wanted to practice making a game with Love2d. And Love2d doesn’t have good HTML5 support, and I’m not sure if being able to play this game on a browser is important. (Well, maybe if it can run Mari0 somehow, it can run this project, once I figure out all the stuff I need to do so that the browser lets the game access SharedArrayBuffers)

Anyway, even though I did put a fair amount of work on my Love2d port/recreation/transfer/whatever, I’m into switching over to GDevelop (even though i never heard of GDevelop and I’d suggest using Godot but whatever).

1 Like

I’m glad to see that the last tree had planted new seeds before falling.
I’ve also been hoping on creating a new version of this myself (in the future), for now I’m studying the other tools + engines available to me.

I wish you all the best of luck with your journeys! :four_leaf_clover:

As a reminder, the forum rules don’t allow conversations that aren’t wick related, so I advise to anyone interested in continuing this conversation to take it elsewhere.

I hope to get to see what this becomes :raised_hands:

1 Like

can i join?

im pretty sure the game dev is over image

oh rip, imagine if it was revied

OOF sad to see it go.

1 Like