Forum Fighters: Rewritten (Discontinued)

How much should that be
also i might work on a prototype ui

im doing the ui

Can we collab on ui?

1 Like

that doesn’t seem fair also I don’t think characters would be that taller than others.

I like the enthusiasm here to work on stuff, but let’s just pause for a moment, okay? I haven’t made the fighting engine yet, I plan to start that tomorrow. We will add elements in a logical order so we don’t have a heap of random stuff that we don’t know how to handle.

Here is, in general, how we will tackle this. this can/probaby will change over time.

• get the fighting engine working on a basic arena with placeholder animations. (Baron)
  • make placeholder characters so that different characters are allowed different attacks. (Baron)
  • add a main menu that leads into the arena selection, an about menu, and credits. (Baron)
    add attacking hitboxes for a variety of key combinations and placeholder animations for attacks. make the health system work and make attacks do different damage. (?)
  • consider adding stock, which means when a player dies, they respawn, but only a certain amount of times. (?)
  • make a win screen when somebody wins. (?)
  • add characters.
3 Likes

Big move here, considering wick’s capabilities there should be a max roster of 9 to 12
But to compromise i say each character can have customisable attacks
If you have ever played the game team fortress 2 you would know that there’s only 9 characters you can play as BUT you have full control of the available play-style-changing weapons, thus making changing weapons a chance of style.
I really want this consept in FF, so I propose this:

• each character has 5 basic atks that share the same consept over each character,punch/kick left or right,some sort of upper cut and down atk and finally an atk that requires charging, with different stats depending on character.
  • each character will have 3 slots for their Special atks. These can be changed out based on the player’s preference
    -if wick cant handle 8 atks then maybe we can settle on 5, left and right punches and 3 slots again
4 Likes

Well, we might be able to increase that to like 20 when 1.20 drops cause of the rendering engine overhaul.

1 Like

but wouldn’t that mean Bugs

Well then we report the bugs and the devs will fix the bugs

i have an idea, maybe we could make some like drops or something during the game that changes the attacks the player has during the game? and also i have another idea, what if we had it so that you can only use certain attacks a limited amount of times?

I still want the idea of tall characters not being able to punch the small characters but the special attacks can hit all characters tall or small. and you can kick

ooh and we can do a online multiplayer thing. @pumpkinhead can do multiplayer if he wants because of his multiplayer test

i can help him with the hosting

ok when the game is somewhat done we will put in the multiplayer

1 Like

that’s really hard to do online not impossible but almost impossible

1 Like

hes right making multiplayer game servers is really hard. it might be easier with https://nodegame.org/ or https://lance.gg/.
maybe if we finish the game and want to add that we could but it’d be really hard

Well it was, but we have the framework for it now so maybe 2nd try won’t be so hard.

maybe after the main mechanics are down.

Let’s not decorate a tree before it grows leaves.
In other words, let’s get everything done in order,
then we can discuss things like multiplayer and stuff later.

1 Like

ok sure. thats fine