Funny fighters (og and remake)

RIP FF 2022-2023, was fun while it lasted

@Donut you wanna continue this?

nah. I’ve been focused on learning HTML / JavaScript, but I’ve still been using wick for some animation stuff. But I think I might come back to Wick for making games, since html is really difficult to make games from the ground up in.

ah alright

i open one of the old files then when i play it and try to tart the fighting part, my wick crashes lmao (so funny to me for some reason)

Any of y’all wanna try to make it again? I think we could make it way better now that I know how to update hitboxes.

related post:

yeah, i was making a shadowboxing game but i think i might cancel it cuz motivation and coding (i suck even though i tried to study it)

I have made the movement system

Each player is a clone, so we can have as many players as we want.
Controls are in the “ctrl” object within the player.

There aren’t any attacks yet, but there’s moving platforms and collision with other players.

To add walls, add the clip to the wall list in the frame’s default script
Funny Fighters11-13-2023_12-38-51.wick (6.4 KB)

Also, the camera system is working

3rd remake. this is wild fr, but its nice to see how far the game has come :D

also, i loaded it and tried to play it then wick immediately crashed

what version are you using?
Mine is on 1.19.3

Also, new version with some simple animation
Funny Fighters11-13-2023_14-13-14.wick (35.3 KB)

im on 19.4

it looks great!

Funny Fighters11-17-2023_14-11-55.wick (38.9 KB)

New:

• Hurtbox system
  • Attacking input system(z/x and n/m)
  • 2 attacks

What needs to be added:

• Character system with unique attacks each

• Punish or “charge up” variable (basically, time before an attack where it can be cancelled)

• Cooldown variable

• Versatile character physics system (for the side special, which currently isn’t all too good since the drag is crazy but necessary for walking physics) (this could also apply to launch physics)

for the attacks, should i make a supermove? (ur moving so fast and im so confused fr)
but im probably gonna figure it out

1 Like

I have basically overhauled the attack system

How it works

First, the attack is done by setting this.atk to an array

What does each index mean?

0 - The attack id, only for animation (in the future), and if it’s 0 then nothing happens

1 - The state, set it to whatever you want it to start as, and it increases by 1 each frame

2 - The end state, when the state reaches this number, it ends the attack completely

3 - The start function (requires a parameter to input the player object, since it operates on a different scope and is unable to access it without it). It runs when the state reaches 0, and you can make it negative to have a delay to the attack

4 - The update function, runs every frame while the state is >0

5+ - any extra array indices can be used to store extra data about the attack that you don’t want to make a specific variable for.

Funny Fighters11-27-2023_12-25-00.wick (39.2 KB)

ahh alright looks great

so are there no attacks yet?

there is
10words

There is a single attack so far, a side-special.