Game Preview

I was working on a new game for the past… I can’t really remember but around a month (although I would quite the project for a long time and then come back to it every now and then) but I was able to get a preview of it complete today for anyone interested : )

orb preview 1 with Vcam fixed.html (3.3 MB)

The project started working slow but I’ll try to find a way to break it into parts (this game is supposed to be mostly one frame with a whole world to walk through so it’ll be hard to break apart). I have most of the game plan on paper (still working on the map) with around 7 characters (I’m planning on adding more), but it’s still harder to turn paper plans to digital.

I think is my favorite part

It has a secret message, so let me know if you find it :shushing_face:

How To Play

Arrows to move, down arrow to transform to a snowball, shift with right or left key to punch while moving, space to swing your sword, and I guess that’s all this preview has.

Note

There have been around 2 or 3 bugs that I’m dealing with, let me know if you find any glitch and give me maybe an image or just an explanation, and thanks :+1:

3 Likes

Great game @Hamzah_Al_Ani , character, jumps controls and it looks great!! I love the background and the vcam use. Brilliant. Cannot wait to see more!!

1 Like

Thanks, @Greg for the feedback :slight_smile:

I’m gonna try it right now

The game is so good that my computer almost crashed. Very high quality!

1 Like

Thanks @Cleetus_Kernel

Good to know that the project is successful (so far)

When the game is finished, can there be low quality one so my computer can function properly? I really have a terrible pc.

Sure, I’ll try to make different versions

Thanks! It’s most likely going to be the best game someone has made with wick editor!

1 Like

it’s good overall I think the fps is very choppy

Thanks @time_to_draw

The project might be slow now, but I had something on my mind that might be able to make projects go faster: A LOADING SIGN :exploding_head:

I’ll try to see if there is a way to give the project a time to load in advance so that it’ll run faster, and hopefully, the final version of this game would run faster (otherwise I wouldn’t be able to open the wick file for it… in fact, I had the file opened in a separate tab for weeks so I won’t lose it). I have no experience in how coding loading works, so the loading idea might sound stupid.

oh . kay.!

I thought that the fps was slow because of my soda box computer when my friend has a huge television pc. Y’know, those big box TVs that relied on cable and other stuff?

:desktop_computer: :vs: :computer:
Yea, either u were using a computer or a laptop, I guess that this project had to run a bit slow. Surprisingly, the slowness of this project might be because I used alotta lines in this project, and wick counts every line as an editable object that could have a tween, be a clip, or even a button of its own. I’ll try to replace the background with a png so that the project possibly runs faster, and once I finish I’ll have u guys re-test out the preview
(If this doesn’t work out, I have other methods I’m willing to try to make the project work faster)