Game - Space Rush

Here is another short game: [ S P A C E R U S H ]
Made by @Jovanny and @pumpkinhead support:

Here is the file, Hope you like it and please leave constructive feedback : )
SpaceRush.wick (1.6 MB)

Controls: Mouse, Left click, and “z” Key

9 Likes

On Newgrounds for review, please kindly visit the game page and leave a comment or rating.

@Jovanny This game is epic the asteroid drawings were so cool

2 Likes

Spent quite time drawing that…

2 Likes

The flight animation and Shooting animation is also super cool. How long did it take to make and debug the code?

I started the concept 18 days ago. pumkinhead helped me with some trigonometric aspect of the game. It is a lot of work, but when you see the final product, it pays off.

2 Likes

This game is really amazing! Your games give off a very professional feeling. The other one also - I forget the name, but it was where you were moving the little yellow character around with different objects? They both feel like professional games. This one, Space Rush, really reminds me of an old game I used to play as a kid called Comet Busters…very fun to play, very nice choice of music too. Thank you for sharing!
Edit: Dumbies was the other one I was thinking of :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback… In my times… in a long long galaxy :P This was the game that I just cloned… It is different, but similar.

Asteroids

1 Like

HOW IS THIS 1.6 MB
HOW
THE SONG WAS A BEUTEFUL CHOICE
BUT HOW DID IT
none the less this is a great game and i left a good revie (pllppppp cant spell)

2 Likes

great work dude!!
love the graphic
I’m working on something similar under some aspects. Hope the result will be as good

2 Likes

had a browser crash while playing.

the game also run a bit slow on the pc (low specs) I’m testing now.
I wonder how wickeditor is performance wise (not to belittle this very nice game nor wickeditor.)

Idk how u do it, but you’ve just added one amazing game to your “collection”
First Wicky Adventures, then Dumbies, & Space Chill, and now Space Rush!

Good job @Jovanny, and @pumpkinhead, with creating this masterpiece!

1 Like

+1
they should be added to the community projects /show cases on wickeditor site

1 Like

you mean dumbies

yes, I made a typo :sweat_smile:
I was gonna type Dumbies, and I was thinking about Dominos, then I mixed the two words XD

Thanks for letting me know (I just edited that)

this game is super cool :OOO concept is awesome, gameplay is awesome, the only thing i don’t like is lag i guess (unless the game is supposed to be that slow), but i don’t think there’s much you can do about it.

3 Likes

I was able to compress the level music 10x smaller…

Compressor

https://www.onlineconverter.com/compress-mp3

Sure… I will love to see your version.

While playing yesterday using the desktop win version of the editor I wrote this issue:

Issue

Memory Management Issue - Wick Editor Desktop for Windows

Same issue, it seems that there is something wrong with memory management, while I try to remove all the instances of bullets, asteroids etc, it seems that they are not completely remove from memory… they accumulate until a point that your PC memory allocated for the game is not enough to handle it…

Thank you for your words Hamzah I just added to the collection… :slightly_smiling_face:

Collection

https://sites.google.com/view/jovannys-games/home

1 Like