Goodbye....maybe? Probably a goodbye

well, you did change your name, the one now “burton hall”, to something inappropriate related to a donkey before changing it back. you also changed your pfp to a donkey kong-looking thing. it’s hard to believe you saying it was a simple joke.

Anyways, you can leave If you want. I’m not forcing you to do anything, by if u wanna stay please follow the rules.

Yah this will never happen again I dont know why I did it I usually troll in video games not online community’s so ima just troll in video games from now on

Ok :ok_hand: it’s now ok.

Thanks man and again I’m very sorry to everyone who was affected it won happen again

So the disruption that you caused was essentially because of a habit you had.
And you still did it knowing that it was against the rules?

Actually let me rephrase that… were you aware of what you were doing during those previous 3 hours, or did you just do it instinctively?

Tbh I dont know why I did it maybe I was angry idk I’m sorry about it now I know that doesn’t help but i regret my decisions it was the wrong thing to do I think I just got bored idk why but I am sorry for my actions

(edit: I did make this criticism, but I didn’t look at this whole situation from a general perspective, so do take this with a grain of salt)

I’m not here to hear you sorry, I’m here to try to understand why you did what you did.
From what I’ve understand so far, you said that it was a joke gone wrong and a habit:

I’m somewhat confused to which one it was supposed to be, but I don’t think your trolling habit would lead to any good.

Based on this situation and your replies, my guess is that you weren’t intentional and aware of yourself. Not saying you should be overly critical with what you do from now on, but you should consciously manage what you’re doing and thinking (since our response and actions are both our own individual responsibilities).

Here’s an idea:

If you did this out of anger, I recommend that you focus on your breathing and count up to whatever number (maybe not out loud). This will help you calm down and collect your thoughts properly without acting out of emotion.

If you did this out of boredom and out of an urge to do so, I recommend that you stop and think about what you’re about to do. Maybe you should look for something else to do other than trolling (since trolling would annoy and hurt others).

If you like to draw, you can seek to improve your skill by watching tutorials (don’t rush/grind if you do this one, it’ll make you go crazy impatient).

If you have school assignments, just do them anyway and take advantage of learning by researching more about the topic online! (they won’t really go away if they sit there)

Heck, even maybe do home chores (even if you don’t want to)!

But those are just my ideas and opinions. Mainly just consciously manage what you can control: You.

I can’t control anyone and neither can anyone else, it should common sense. This doesn’t mean that we can’t point out what’s wrong (and sometimes some criticisms just break than build).

So I hope next time you have an urge to act, you calm yourself and ponder if it’s the right thing to do. :man_dancing:

I apologize for this essay-like post

and please dont do that ever again

i still go by what i said before, but now i’m even more mixed. before you were a chill, nice guy. then “you” used the game theory meme 3+ times on me. i thought you were making a joke about the fact that i couldn’t do much to you. then “you” brought back topics as early as the first one, and i was convinced you were being hacked. suddenly “you” just apologize. i can’t tell if “you’re” a hacker and “you’re” just doing this apology thing to gain our trust again. even if “you” come and say you were hacked, can we believe that?

long story short, you were normal, then “you” went insane, then “you” apologized, and it makes me confused to what the truth is.

(i sometimes put the word “you” in quotes because i don’t know if “you” are the real butt.)

K thanks for the advice also I wasnt hacked dude

I think i’ve failed to consider the other posts you made since i was focusing on just those two posts only. (and clearly someone’s not happy with you)

I’m still keeping that post out there but might have to practice looking at the WHOLE situation next time something like this happens.

1 Like

What do you mean

i think kringle is talking about the really long post about trolling and what to do, but he at first wasn’t aware of the other replies/posts you made. he’s keeping the reply there, but if it happens again he wants to make sure he sees everything before replying.

also, sorry, it’s hard for me to trust people in scenarios like this, especially online with people i don’t know in person.

1 Like

It’s understandable. We do need a healthy amount of skepticism.

Yah I get that but I am not a hacker

You might’ve missed his point:

Because you’ve been posting spam and inappropriate posts (which is in contrast to what awc95014 said about you being a “nice, chill guy”), he’s unsure if you’re hacked or just trolling. It would be really bad if you WERE hacked and trying to gain our trust.
But ASSUMING you are actually trolling out of a whim (notice what I said), that was not a very good management of your actions.

Just be responsible in what you’re doing and saying, because I’ll leave it at that.

(I may not know you too well but I will state my mind as carefully as I can)

1 Like

eeh. you spammed the entire forum. i dont think it was a simple joke when you posted the same thing 5 times.