Has This Ever Happened to You?

I found Wick Editor through one of Alan Becker’s videos and I remember thinking:
WOW. HE IS REALLY GOOD AT ANIMATING.
Now, when I go on YouTube and watch stickfigure animations, they’re pretty bad, except for the Hyun’s Dojo Community ones. And I would judge those animations and say im better than that, when in reality, i’m still at beginner level. That is, until now.

Yea. happens a lot to me- but I would leave a bit of tips to those animations to give some help :]

ok whew, i thought it was just me

“bad” is a pretty strong word in this situation… while I know what you mean, i’m sure many of those people were giving it their all.

1 Like

I agree with Baron on this one

It’s not that they’re bad, but rather because you’re better!

I also know exactly what you mean! I used to always watch epic artists (art as in anything- not specifically drawing) make cool stuff - and I used to look back at their results and try to work it backwards - now, I try to work my own “art” backwards :film_projector:

We’re all improving - and I’m sure that some of these artists you watched also improved :+1:

(Also - let’s try to keep stuff more wick-related)
1 Like

yeah, i know what you mean. when you look at them and then yourself you kind of assume that you’re at a higher skill level.