How to cut ball that reach the border

Hi all,

I tried this bounce ball animation. The ball is drawn with a simple circle. The ball starts on the left and finishes on the right border. However, on both the white borders I want only half ball to be visible. The problem is that it seems there is no way to cut the circle in half.

As a new user, I cannot upload the project.

Any suggestion?

Hi @Salvatore_D_angelo,

welcome to the forums!
You should be able to take the ball out of the frame; just drag it halfway out, and the renderer should show only half of it?

regards,

Paul

I have already put it outside the white area but when I click run I see it go outside that.
I exported in gif format and I see it too.
I tried to export in mp4 but it doesn’t play at all.

Here my project

That is very strange. I just downloaded your animation, and exported in GIF. Is cuts the ball exactly where it is supposed to…

My Project
(nice bouncee, BTW! :slight_smile: )
Exported this with Chrome on Linux. Can you try with another browser?

regards,

Paul

Sure I can. I use Chrome on Mac.

Hi again,
Let me correct my message. I see it correctly when I export it in GIF. It works on Safari and Chrome on Mac when I see the gif.
But when I run it inside the wick editor, the ball is not cut. Does it work as design?
However, export video doesn’t work at all.

You will always be able to see things partially or completely outside the canvas. This is normal. It just helps with editing things that are off-canvas. When exported it only exports inside the boundary of the canvas.

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 9.28.24 AM

Hey @Salvatore_D_angelo, A common work around at the moment is to create a few rectangles in a layer at the top of your project. This will simulate what it looks like in a final render.

I’ll add this as a requested feature though, and hopefully we can get to it soon!