How to get wick file from html

well so i used to have another account and there is many games and i would like to know how to get the wick file from my old games if you want it to be private then you can instagram me at Breidy_A i just have drawings there

or you can just send me the wick file of boxy adventures early version 6-17-2021_2-10-18.html (2.7 MB)

i kinda know a little bit of how to do this but i’ll have my friend take a look he does this all the time when i lose my files.(EDIT:i was just testing the game out and i have to say this is a really great game good job.)

1 Like

Hi,

It’s not really hard, if you know how to…
If you open the HTML in an editor, line 11 is the line you are looking for:

window.INJECTED_WICKPROJECT_DATA = ‘*** CODE ***’;

The code that I marked CODE you need to copy. (Taking care that you exclude the quotationmarks!)
This is a BASE64 encoded wick. If you take this code and past it in:

that site can decode it for you. If you take this result, save it with extension: *.wick you can open it in wick again…

regards,

Paul

3 Likes

so if i put it there it will give me the wick file?

If you follow the steps I outlined, yes…

2 Likes

I went through the process pwiegers’ shared and got the wick file, here it is:
theFile.wick (445.1 KB)

1 Like

so i need to copy all the yellow code and theres wayyyyyy more of it and then paste it where it says text or base64 encode

can you please explain how you did it better im having trouble

1. open the HTML file in an txt-editor
  2. copy the unreadable blurb between the quotation-marks on line 11
  3. paste it into the field marked Base64 at the URL
  4. press decode
  5. save the result by pressing the download link into a .wick-file
  6. open the .wick-file with wickeditor
  7. rejoice! :slight_smile:
1 Like

is this supposed to happen?

Yes just click on download then change the file extension to a .wick file because it says application.zip I think so change the .zip to .wick

1 Like

Yeah, .wick file is a .zip file with a very specific layout :-)

1 Like

Im trying to make this (My Project2-23-2022_13-23-07.html) into a wick file and I cant figure out how to convert it. (this is my game)

Here you go :)
gamer_boi’s game.wick (5.3 KB)

thx I lost the file so this helps a lot

a faster way (on a device where the dev console isn’t blocked) is to open the dev console and then write this

window.open("data:application/octet-stream;base64," + window.INJECTED_WICKPROJECT_DATA);

Nice one!
It got me thinking: wick’s are totaly reversable, ie: there is no protection against ripping everthing from a published wick, if you could find this threadm is there? (If you publish it as a HTML, anyway…)

What is a threadm

Well it’s impossible to fully protect against ripping from an HTML file without making the file unplayable. But you could always copyright the work e.g. using a creative commons license, I’m pretty sure. For example, Scratch puts a CC-BY-SA license on every project.

I cant get anything to work with any other file