How to make clones less laggy

im making a project that needs 40 clones but whenever i play it it drops to 2 fps

Try to convert whatever is inside the cloned clip into a png instead. Wick do transformations easier if. they are pngs.

its just a square

regardless, squares are paper paths containing 4 segments with data… a png is lighter. (give it a try)

how do i make it a png

you could just take a (square, not rectangular) screenshot of it, that’s one way. the other way is to go into a pixel art editor or something and make a solid-colored square, then download that (at a pretty small resolution, maybe 64x64 or something).

I think that if its just a square that your cloning that the lag is coming from the clips. While you might be able to optimize it a bit by turning them into images, If you didn’t have as many clips you could probably improve it more so. Depending on what your using the clones for you could you clip.breakApart() or something like that but then you would probably want to know how to move around the objects via paper. You could try to use my custom clone since it definitely for me improves the frame rate although it’s still quite limited.