I cannot find out how to do the slow revealing transition effect

Fill this out this info to make it easier for the community to help you! If you don’t fill out this information, your post may be deleted or removed.

*im using wick 1.19 version
my problem is i cannot achieve certain animation effect in the editor

i dont know how to do this effect with editor as i tried to use eraser to erase the asset lil by little to do the slow reveal but i found out assets are not erasable. what to do now ?

You mean, like this?

If so, you have to work with Layers and tweens, here is the wick project…

giftAnimationDemo11-7-2021_14-43-06.wick (16.3 KB)

2 Likes

No tweening i am an animator and have been doing this for 2 years so no tweens use the 12 principles of animation

Not sure what you are referring to… tween is just a tool to automate displacement of an object in the Y axis (in this case). You will end it up doing the same manually (frame by frame)… Professional Animated movies use this very often to achieve camera movements and some other effects (to save time).

This example doesn’t require animation, just image displacement.

On Disney’s twelve principles of animation:

Pose by pose animation is important, so you can learn more and have a good understanding how everything should look like, but automation is an important piece of the workflow. They both could be use in a case by case basis.

That book I’ve read it thats what I’m talking about but tweening is like the ez way out dude I’ve been a really hard working animator and a no nonsense man and tweening is not gonna save you some of the greatest animators in the world have made brilliant animations and made some of the best movies like James Baxter no film maker ever uses tweens

Well, It is up to you. I’m telling you under what scenarios it should be used… If you want to do an object movement that doesn’t require animation (like in this post example), frame by frame, manually, is your choice. Whatever makes you happy.

2 Likes

nobody said you had to use tweens, you could just do it frame by frame…

1 Like

I’m sorry but I don’t agree with this.

Tweening can save lots of times and is widely use by several animators, video editors, movie clips ect.

Ok I lied about that lol that was pretty dumb well do whatever makes you happy but use twening wisely because tweening for every single frame will make your animation look slow smooth but slow and not look right

I agree with you although I don’t use tweens because I want my animation to take time and effort but yeah man

But I will say this don’t tween for certain scenarios like a part of a scene in a animation tweenig takes timing and using it on every single frame will not make look right alright peace

Ok update tweening is good if you want to do a simple action
But is not good for when you want an object to seem a certain way
Sorry if I came out as an jerk in this conversation