I can't copy and paste?

Complete the following questions so forum users and Wick Editor developers can give you the best help possible! If the following questions are not completed, your post may be edited or removed.

Has this bug been reported already?
I searched and i think that it hasn’t been.

Describe the bug
I can’t copy and paste anything.

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the bug, if you have them:
It happened randomly.

Expected behavior
To copy and paste something instead of just not pasting anything.

*Computer Information

• Windows 10.
  • Laptop.
  • Chrome.

Do you have a suggested solution to this issue? (ex. has another program fixed this bug a certain way? Are you familiar with where in the code base someone would need to fix this issue?)
I’m not familiar with it, but the console tells what’s wrong, only that i don’t understand it, here it is:

“Uncaught QuotaExceededError: Failed to set a named property on ‘Storage’: Setting the value of ‘wick_engine_clipboard’ exceeded the quota.”

1 Like

There’s nothing on the clipboard. You are trying to copy something that Wick Editor can’t hold in the clipboard. Try coping and pasting it in pieces.

Are you in incognito mode? I searched online and apparently a QuotaExceededError can happen when local storage is used in incognito mode. It also happens when you are trying to store too much memory

When copying clips, I’m guessing that Wick has its own “clipboard” that it copies objects to (or in other words, it saves the object’s information inside of the windows local storage). The window is supposed to have a normal null error or something and not react if nothing was copied, but if you look up “QuotaExceededError,” the problem is more likely as @pumpkinhead stated, Wick editor seems to have no access to saving anything in incognito window (which makes sense).

( Click me to look up what QuotaExceededError is… )

Nope, i’m not on incognito mode.

It was all fine but then when i added a new frame the clipboard started acting strange and not letting me copy anything else and pasting what i copied before.

how much stuff was in the frame?

Were you able to paste the object before you put the new frame, and did you copy something else right before you put the new frame in?

I copied something when i put the new frame in, but then i put another version of the game and i did the same but it still copied the thing that was in the newest version.

A lot of things…mostly images.

Copy and pasting some things in pieces worked, i couldn’t paste some other things but i got the idea of putting it as a .wickobj file then putting it on the next frame and it worked!

I had this bug before (when using controls) but when that happens, use one of these tools. image

I’ve had this issue several times. It was due to having Caps-Lock enabled.
Probably due to hotkeys depending on the text instead of the keycode.
More information here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16006583/capturing-ctrlz-key-combination-in-javascript

PS: As @Crafter_Flance suggested, you can use the buttons to undo/redo. This way you can also check that it’s an input issue.

2 Likes

Even I am Facing same issue. Unable to copy and paste more than 3 frames in wick.

the clipboard is only so big

just try to open the editor again will it paste or exit the window and open it on a new one and see if it will paste