I have made a (very buggy) fighting game

FightingGame9-15-2022_11-47-46.wick (89.9 KB)

There are directional attacks (i haven’t made all the attacks yet)
Controls:
P1: WASD and E for normal attack/select, Q for special attack/deselect
P2: Arrows and N for normal attack/select, M for special attack/deselect
Do NOT pick any of the blank characters because they don’t exist yet

3 Likes

Nice game! I like how the current character looks, can’t wait to see other characters!

This is really impressive, well done :+1:

There’s a bug I’d like to point out though with the moving platforms, when a character is moving down on the platforms, they switch between idle and midair animations.

I also like how the characters collide with each other, that was pretty cool!

Good luck with adding more

I fixed the bug and added a crouch animation
FightingGame9-15-2022_12-22-43.wick (98.3 KB)
There’s still the bug of collision not being continuous though

1 Like

I cannot get it to work
I’m stuck in the page with the character with red dot and the square with blue dot. it seems there is nothing I can press to continue

press n and q I think, one of the buttons near those should select the character your on and then you can press the button.

It’s a really fun game ngl…

Hey I was wondering if i could use some mechanics for my new fighting game because there is going to be a 2 player feature so I was just wondering if i could use it and change some stuff.

Sure! You can use it.

1 Like

is this possible for the game to be a engine for the mechanics?
(im thinking of making a fighting game

also, how do i get past the blue and red dot screen?

*never mind, this is actually cool

press n and e and then click the button at the bottom

The game actually already has a rudimentary “engine”. There are some basic attack types already coded in, which are slash and projectile. The system for different characters with different attacks/animations has been coded in, and the physics is modifiable.

ok, but i added my character in the character select, and im animating so i have my own character, but how do i code it so it can actually go in the game, cuz i have litterally no idea what im doing. (side question, can people here be able to add their characters to your game, maybe after ur done adding your characters?)

and i have i problem, when i am adding all the other stuff like idle and that stuff,
they dont go through, it just stays with idle when i play it

check the animations and code already used

ok, i know i’ve been asking alot of questions but, i got 1 more, how do i make new attacks and add animations when i press the button for that specific attack

There’s a projectile clip that’s also used for melee.

by the way, the higher hp is, the more knockback is dealt, like smash bros.

oh ok thanks

btw how do i add a animation for when i shoot a projectile