I need help with stick animation

can someone help make the stick figure more beter? My Project4-1-2021_22-40-22.wick

Ok I can help you

here are some things you can improve:

1. the stick figure becomes smaller over time. this should not happen. that would be easier to catch if you were using onion skinning. if you were already using onion skinning, i do not know what to say. get good somehow? with practice? idk. but i’m not really that good myself on keeping consistent sizes.
  2. human legs can’t bend like that
    only certain other animals like birds can
  3. humans have heads. but that’s really obvious and stickman head is just a circle you can copy+paste for every frame, so i’m assuming missing head was intendend.
  4. the run animation is weird; their right leg doesn’t even lift off the ground, and the left leg just “stomps” on the ground. then they somehow break their leg while pushing Link.

but it’d say the push animation after frame 15 is pretty good

Here is my attempt at a run cycle so i can explain how to run:
runcycle
I animated that?
in the first frame, one leg is bent to the back in the air, and the other leg is forward on the ground. then the leg on the ground pushes the figure forward by moving backwards on the ground, and the other leg start moving forward still not touching the ground to prepare for the other half of the cycle. then in the half-cycle, the legs are in the position of the leg positions in the first frame but swapped. then this repeats over and over again.

but running usually begins with both legs being on the ground at first, so what you do is make one leg push backwards on the ground to move the figure forward, and make the other leg start going forward until the pose is like the pose on the first frame of my animation. also, i redrew basically the same pose from the first frame in the last frame, so the running kinda looks sluggish as a result. also, you probably would have to move the figure’s entire body up a bit on some frames, because otherwise the legs would go through the ground.

also actually i only animated a half-cycle, but due to the lack of depth in the animation there would be no difference between both halves of the cycle.

2 Likes

That was a good cycle there…

I agree. There was supposed to be text saying “I animated that?” but my Internet went out for a while before I got to submit it, so it took an indefinite amount of time to publish when when I clicked on the button, until my Internet came back on. I also guess that because the Internet went off while I was writing it didn’t save the latest draft. So when I finally could submit it, it didn’t have that text. I didn’t notice two paragraphs I wrote were missing until now. Good thing I copied the text and it’s still on my clipboard four hours later.

1 Like

Are you still working on this?, I can help you but I use the brush tool to draw my stick figures.

You did nice work dear. I love your Working. Can You elaborate more in details that how to make this motion graphic animation? I want to make the animation for my business purposes. I have Some Knowledge about making different designs.

3 Likes

I just remembered this yesterday :sweat_smile: