[invitation closed] Forum Fight Task Board

soundbible has allot of good sound effects

you mean gun shooting sound effects

alright so @mlgcoolguys_1 went and invited me over got anything I can help with

If your speaking of the time to fight:

Hey, @logan_leighton, for the latest progress on our game, visit this thread.

Quick Summary

Through voting, we named the game “Forum Fight,”
Everyone has a character, so if you’d like, you could get started by creating ur own character on a separate project, and we’ll combine it to the game.
(no animating or coding experience required)

If you have any suggestions or find any bugs in the current version of the game, feel free to let us know. If you can’t work on the project cause of school or something, no worries!

Dev steps for a better experience:

1. turn all the hardcoded and messy stuff (players) into things like functions if possible
  2. reduce lag somehow (less stuff)
  3. organize
  4. a few more arenas
  5. music to go with all the menus and screens (please work hard on the music, don’t put random or weirdly placed notes. we want this game to do well.)

The physics constants are not helping. For instance, when they jump, they float as if they were on the moon with low gravity. Try to tweek some of the values of the engine… try your awc fighter in this file and see how behave vs the other fighter… platformer engine 2.1.09-21-2020_12-41-57PM.wick (292.2 KB)

Not sure what you mean, this game uses my engine. It’s just a lot laggier, that might be why you think it floats a lot.

I know that uses your engine. Did you tried the file? I tweaked your character a little so you could observe the difference… the lag is one thing for sure… but that is the wick editor…

I can feel the difference, I don’t know what the point was though. Are you trying to tell me that I should make the physics more extreme to compensate with the lag?

As always, I’m just trying to help. Not to push anything. Answering your question: Not really, but that is an option… That is what the companies do when their games lag… they set down the FPS and then increment the accels/velocities. I hope this helps a little.

1 Like

I think you have a good point. We can try something like that. The physics constants, which you pointed out at first, are like that because that’s how most video game platformers work. I think I did exaggerate it too much.

1 Like

I think that I could collab with one Arena if the team is ok with that…?

I’m sure you can join if you want.

Well, I know that my time is kind of limited (that is why I haven’t propose anything before… ), but I could do one Arena for sure. I could do something in a few hours or so…

2 Likes

Will probably be frequently updated.

Um from the what I saw in the footage, this game is going to be super slow for some reason.

this is weird

Allowed a character:

• awc95014
  • Hamzah_Al_Ani
  • pumpkinhead
  • mlgcoolguys_1
  • Fat_Clouds
  • time_to_draw
  • butt
  • Mrdashelll
  • PewPewTrooper112
  • 509robotic