Isometric farming game

farming.wick
farming.html

controls
click on a dirt tile to place a seed
click on a fully grown seed to cut it and get coins
click on “buy seeds $2” to buy 1 seed for $2

if you have any ideas of what to add or take away to make the game better let me know.

7 Likes

post your highest coin score here

mine is 395

Wow, nice game! I like the simplicity :sparkles:
Having more items in the shop would be nice though :moneybag:

I played to $599

2 Likes

Maybe you could buy bigger plots, for example 4x4 for 100 or a 5x5 for 1000

1 Like

I would make the crops grow much slower, maybe as much as 3x slower. and the return value is pretty high, you buy seeds for $2 and get $5 for every crop you sell. I would make this gap smaller.

and then to add more stuff into the game, maybe you can add a fertilizer power-up that temporarily makes your crops sell for a higher price and therefore give you higher return.

and then buying a bigger plot would also be cool, as WickNewbie just said.

(I like the isometric design)

2 Likes

A variety of crops and an end goal would be nice

1 Like

I updated it
farming.html
farming.wick
I recommend stocking up on seeds or at least $110 before getting the extra plot space so that you don’t get softlocked

1 Like

I made you start with $20 no seeds and made the extra plot space button disapear when you buy it.
farming.html
farming.wick

3 Likes

wow! this is very cool! keep it going!

1 Like

I made a fertilizer power up that gives you more money and plants grow faster + the price of fertilizer goes up every time you buy it not letting to spam it.
farming.html
farming.wick
let me know if you encounter any bugs and if you have something you think should be added in the next update.

1 Like

Bug Report:

I cant place any seeds on the new plots

Preview Just to show

weird, I’ll see if it happens with me

1 Like

nice game
i’ll add crows that eat your crops if you dont harvest fast enough :grinning:

3 Likes

that actually sounds good, maybe every time a crop grows a timer starts and as you leave the crop alone the crow is flying down twards your crop and if you don’t harvest it the crow comes down and grabs it.

Maybe a scarecrow upgrade would work well with that idea?

4 Likes

so I decided not to do the crows thing for now because it would be a bit too complicated for me to do. at least for now. if anyone wants to try to do this then go ahead and try.

maybe instead of crows it could be that they eventually die

1 Like

edit: I added back buttons that go back to the title
farming6-8-2022_9-05-02.html
farming6-8-2022_9-04-56.wick

• added a death mechanic
  • added a menu and how to play screen

known bugs
the extra plot is bugged

2 Likes

I like the new additions! but I encountered a new bug very similar to the extra plot bug. as far I was able to test, the plots are breaking when a crop dies on it. but besides that is the new version great! the only left additions I would like to see are: Camera scrolling around the isometric map; New seeds for more variety. and that’s all i think this would round up the small little farming game experience :)

I may just get rid of the extra plot all together as it is causing a lot of bugs, unless anyone can fix it