Issue with Export

Hello, I was using candlestick earlier to draw pages for my webcomic, and I exported the drawing, but then after looking closer at it, decided I wanted to make some changes to the art and drew some more. However, when I try to export the drawing again, it only exports how it used to look even though I can see my changes in the site itself.

I tried saving my old drawing, deleting the old export, and reloading the site with my save and re-exporting, but it still looks how it used to. Also, when I check the time my computer says it was exported, it says the same timestamp as the first drawing no matter when I actually exported it.

I am exporting as Image sequence.

Screenshot 2026-09-14 10.34.38 AM
my export
Screenshot 2026-09-14 10.35.02 AM
my export after clicking on it to see the drawing (the time is much earlier)

if someone knows what this is/how to fix it I would really appreciate help.

if that wick file is up to date with your changes, could you send it over? if you want to send it privately let me know and i’ll open a dm.

my only guess would be that your file system is the one acting up but you have said already that you deleted the old export, so im not sure… what operating system/browser is this?

and if i could have you do another couple experiments, try exporting an image sequence of something entirely different.

  • if your saved wick file is okay, vandalize your current project completely (delete frames, add some junk, etc) and export an image sequence
  • export an image sequence of a new, blank project
  • go to an incognito or completely different browser, take your wick file, and export the image sequence
1 Like

I’m in chrome

I tried your suggestions, it worked for some reason? even though I’m sure I did equivalent stuff to the stuff you suggested earlier. maybe my computer just needed time or something, thank you for the help.

2 Likes

ChromeOS. It’s the main source of file issues, due to a bad file manager. ChromeOS is made for web browsing, so it handles everything else terribly.

1 Like