Kina OS new Operating System

@Jordy, is this the one?

Yes this is the one

So It’s been like 3 months since I released the slightly newer version on my website and I say like 3 months or so because I had uploaded it a long time before I made this post but I’ve been working on big improvements like experimenting different types of os animations and ui and adding new stuff to apps

Btw the next version is v1.2 because last one was v1.1 and the first one was v1.0
the amont of versions before it reaches 2.0 will probably reach v1.5 or v1.9

Well guys I’ve been pretty late (Ok maybe like 3 months +) but I have a test up on netlify of the new Kina OS, you can check it out. Disclaimer: this is not the finished product, so expect to find bugs or unfinished stuff. here it is Kina Test. this might not work for people that are using a school device.

I will probably be removing Kina Editor and changing it for Visual Studio Code, I think this is the only version that has the Kina code Editor in it so this is the first sight of it.

We also have a new taskbar and UI, and other stuff too go check it out!.

4 Likes

I can’t say that the final version of Kina OS v1.2 will come out soon because theres still a lot of stuff left to do.

I’ve been focusing on UI a lot that’s one of the reasons why Kina OS hasn’t come out yet.

Hello, guys (No, it’s not an update srry, and yes I’m awake at 4:28 AM) so today I got the idea to create a google form for the people in the forums if you wanted to put your game in Kina OS, here are the two links (They will take you to the same webpage).

Either link would still work. I hope to get some good requests, but still, everyone
in the forums make great games :) (I just have too many ideas that’s why the new version is not out yet.)

Link 1
Link 2

Here’s a pic of what the appstore ui is gonna look like

• It’s good
  • It’s good but it needs some improvement
  • It’s bad change it

0 voters

1 Like

New appstore update i didn’t keep how the it looked in the picture above so I changed it here it is (the iso farm game page will also change)

2 Likes

I have ported iso farm to Kina OS! It saves to local Storage so you’ll always have it. Also if you want your game on Kina OS fill out this google form so that I have the info I need. I will leave a list from a long time ago that I will probably finish

also here’s Iso Farm in Kina OS:

thx to @gamer_boi for letting me use his game

ALSO I have posted the newest demo to https://kina-test.netlify.app go check the appstore and iso farm out, if anything happens please give me feedback

Iso Farming Game’s appstore page is done!

1 Like

Kina OS looks great, but in the online version there seems to be a bug that makes the project freeze. According to the console, the problem is: “iso_down is not defined”

Btw, the ui is well designed!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I know this was happening but I thought it was only me that’s why I said to give me feedback, I will try to fix this.

1 Like

you can check the website now it’s updated sorry for the long wait the website I’m using for this was taking too long. Also when the tab is fullscreen the close button on apps might not work, it will work if you click on it by here

It’s probably a problem with my browser (Opera GX) but maybe it will work on other browsers

(edit) I just checked on the Microsoft Edge browser and the close button works perfectly so it is just my browser seems like.

1 Like

Thanks for fixing that, everything works perfectly now :)

The wallpapers are pretty cool!
I don’t think VS Code could be displayed in an iframe, but aside from that, all the other apps seem to work impressively well :+1:

1 Like

Again thanks for the feedback :) VS Code has an online editor, vscode.dev, it initially let me display it in an iframe but it seems like they noticed and blocked it from being used in iframes.

2 Likes

Also more feedback is accepted :)

nice to see one of my games on here

1 Like

Woah, this is insanely cool!
I love it. I didn’t think something like this was possible, so it’s amazing to see Wick working so snappy as an OS.
It’s really cool. I like the wallpapers a lot too (:
There’s even an app store. Wow!

I notice that switching to 24h timezone on lockscreen does not keep it once logged in. No way to change it within OS.
Also, I can’t understand how to use Kina music player, can you help with that?

Thanks!

1 Like

Also apparently it doesn’t seem to stop turning off. Turns off, says “See you Later!” and shows the turning off animation again.

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback :) you know there’s another OS called systematix you can check that one out too. I will fix the time thingy, also Kina music player is not really working I might remove it.

1 Like