Mail Tycoon (WIP)

I have made a mail sorting game thing where you pick up and deliver boxes to the corresponding depot / target / whatever you want to call it

Boxes can be stacked by the way, and are dropped from top of the pile

The core gameplay loop is fully complete, but I do still have plans to add more things

Controls (IMPORTANT)
  • Currently WASD movement
  • Press E to pick up a box
  • Press Q to drop a box

Download:
Mail_Sorting_Game11-17-2022_11-44-14.wick (50.1 KB)

I’m contemplating on whether the player should also have to make deliveries, like on a scooter or in a van, but I’m not good at coding vehicle physics so maybe not

I’m, of course, planning on adding upgrades, expansion, automation, and more to the game as well

1 Like

Nice game!
It seems that the base structure is solid
Now you can add variants. Perishable parcels? objects that make you fall and mix your parcels order or drop a box? :+1:

1 Like

i love it personaly i could never do that if y tryed for 1,000,000 years

I’m thinking of adding a delivery system, where you deliver the packages you sort. Also, priority mail, which gives more money, but must be delivered quickly (so, perishable parcels). Your ideas are also good, and I have actually made a vehicle system posted on a separate post, which I’m planning on using.

I have updated the game and added in the vehicle’s functionality
Mail_Sorting_Game11-19-2022_22-26-44.wick (107.3 KB)
The vehicle is outside the building, which is exited through the garage door in the top-left

this is a good game, I could help with art if you want, it depends on if you want pixel or smooth art style tho