Make a line that travels from A to B

Hi, I’m new to Wick, and I’ve been trying to do something that I felt like should be simple and getting frustrated. I want to make a line that gets longer over time. Like, it goes from point A to point B. I don’t want the line to get thicker or thinner, or to change the start location. The tweening tool keeps wanting to make my whole line get bigger which makes it thicker. I just want a sort of traveling line. I can kind of get what I want if the line is perfectly horizontal or vertical but if it’s at an angle it doesn’t work right at all. Help! Is this just not a thing that Wick can do? Do I have to write a script?

I am not sure about the “why”, but they will answer you soon.
My guess…it is to do with the pen tool. In the legacy version, you can have a line be drawn between two points (not sure if that would help you in a tween). I miss the Pen tool big time…and hope they add it soon. They said they would be adding the controls back soon too (like deleting and adding points and having the handles to control them). I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO look forward to that. :wink:

Btw, welcome the the forum and Wick. Wick is a GREAT program…matter of fact…the best one that is free (but i think we should become patrons to give more support…i will be using my work account soon), other than Flash (my all time fav) there is no online program like Wick. I appreciate all the hard work they do for us.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer! Can you still use the “legacy version” to do this?

Yes.

http://legacy.wickeditor.com/