My own "Perfect Collision" (beta)

Added sprinting, but found bug where you can stay on the wall like this: Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 8.16.29 PM
beta perfect collision7-14-2020_8-19-12PM.wick (31.2 KB)

Draft 2

Solved the “getting caught on ground” problem. No other changes since last time. (read Draft 1 for more info)
beta perfect collision7-14-2020_9-59-23AM.wick (30.8 KB)

Draft 1

I did not take any code from Revon or look at their code, this was all either my code or code that I found online and changed to my needs.
This is not done. The player sometimes gets caught in a few places on the ground that make it slow down and speed back up for super small instances, but noticeable enough that it isn’t that good.
Based on Mario. You can only walk left/right and jump. The only sprites are the standing still and running animations. Later I might add running, higher jumping while running, crouching, and other things like that. Making this for the hope of making a Mario game, I want to make powerups a thing too.
beta perfect collision7-14-2020_9-41-47AM.wick (31.6 KB)

2 Likes

Wow, this is pretty amazing, the collision seems perfect, I also like where the Mario game is heading, and it’s more likely to be a great success!

I have a hope of having crouching, spin-jumping, twirling, ground-pounding, ground-pound cancelling, and wall-jumping. Maybe SM3DW features. The chance of having all of this is super slim but I should worry about the bugs before even worrying about adding the jump sprite.

Ok thats probably too much… For all I know it might not even be Mario.

i checked the code