My tweens are getting messed up

Hi everyone!

My tweens are constantly getting messed up. For example, I make several clouds on different layers and after a few playbacks, some of the clouds appear back to their start position, without having the animation at all, despite the tween I made. This is the third project I experience such a bug. It’s kind of annoying. I gave up making the two previous projects in Wick just because of that. Now I’m on the way of dropping a third. Any suggestions?

can you show me the animation?

p.s export it as a video because i can’t view it as a wick file.
thx

The tween lag is funky and was getting on my nerves, so I experimented with it here:

It doesn’t give the solution in the video, but the only way to avoid this lag is by placing tweens in their very own “layer” (that is how tweening is originally supposed to work, at least until the problem is fixed).

oh wow, i have never seen that before. maybe you have to do it on different layers. it may be a messy fix and it may not work but i have no other ideas. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

The problem is not the same on as you have shown on your video tho. The thing is that I put the clip on position A to go to position B and sometimes it never moves from position A and shows only position B. And sometimes just sends the object back to its original location.

For example, the second swing of the cactus hand has the same animation as the first one, but as you can see, the tween is weirdly slow and almost not moving at all and in the other situation, the balloon should just continue left from the burst cactus, but instead, it returns to its previous tweened location. Even after fixing the tweens, sometimes it happens again and again.
I teach animation to groups of kids and it happens to some and it doesn’t do others. I have no idea what the problem might be.

balloon bug
messed up tween

1 Like

I’ll see if I could find the problem (and hopefully update that video one day) and I’ll get back to you as soon as I find whats either causing the problem or a straight forward solution. Hopefully, in the next Wick editor update, the tweens problem would be fixed, and by the way, nice animation :slight_smile: Thanks for the gif, it really helps show most of the details of this lag (and looking at ur mouse appearance, I’m guessing that ur using windows, right?)
Sorry for any trouble,

Sincerely,
~Hanzoh Alani

Hey!

Your right, I am using Windows 10 so as the whole school. The problem seems to be very annoying and it appears in no particular pattern. For now we are gonna stop using Wick, because it causes distraction and frustration in the kids performance in class. I’m gonna keep on eye on the forum for eventual fixes. Hopefully the next version will solve the problem.
Thanks for checking in and taking the time! :)

don’t listen to that cactus, balloon!

2 Likes

You can check the whole GIF here: https://ibb.co/p2vN8pc :)

top 10 anime plot twists

1 Like

Thing is, I’ve always used tweens the way they’re supposed to be used and I never had any glitches until 1.17 (I animated all these scenes with the wick editor before 1.17 and never got messed up tweens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNEgiFpFfYA)

1 Like