New lag? 👾

I was making a rip-off google called goog-e…

Ok, so I got this to happens in a project review window (so not quite in the wick editor):
googe1 lag

And then when I exported the project as an Html and opened it, this happened:
googe2 lag

Both gif’s are a loop, and I wasn’t able to make the first lag happen again, but it was the very first one. The second lag happens when scrolling, here’s a copy of the Html:
googe(FAKE VERSION OF GOOGLE).html (2.2 MB)
It might look easy to control, but try scrolling and just see how weird it’ll act…

1 Like

Every so often when you copy/paste or insert the center of the item goes to (0, 0) on the canvas or somewhere else. It might have to do with that.

I see what you mean, although I didn’t quite copy paste anything, I just needed to upload some screenshots, and these lags didn’t happen in the wick editor either

Not sure then. maybe someone else might know why it happens.

Thanks for ur time :+1:

1 Like

You say the word “lag” a lot when I think you mean “bug”

Lag is a specific type of bug that causes things to slow down
(actually i’m not sure exactly but i don’t think you’re using it right)

According to Wikipedia, “In online gaming, lag is a noticeable delay between the action of players and the reaction of the server supporting the video game.”

According to Gaming Stackexchange:
“The word bug is usually used when an intended game state is not achievable , due to an unforeseen issue in the game’s code. i.e., you are unable to complete a level (or a boss doesn’t spawn, etc.) due to an error in the code.
The word glitch is usually used when an unintended game state is achievable , due to an unforeseen issue in the game’s code. i.e., you are able to clip through the ground (or advance to a part of a quest that normally requires more objectives to be met) due to an error in the code.
Additionally, ‘glitch’ is used to refer to issues with graphics and sound in a way that ‘bug’ almost never is.”

1 Like

Oh, okay. Thanks!

So this would be considered a glitch… this might be off-topic but are lags and glitches the same thing?

Not really

Lag is when something slows down, maybe because of inefficiency in the code.
A glitch is when something you don’t want to happen happens.
… So I guess lag is a specific glitch, but they aren’t the same thing.

1 Like

this happened to me, this will log you out of the forum, but i discovered the solution was to clear the site data which also might clear any nasties in the cache, this will also delete your autosave so make sure to save your project!
just realized when this was posted lol, still happened on 1.19.3

I have seen a few websites that use wick that have this issue. No idea what causes it.

they fixed it