(New!) Wick Editor Version 1.17.1 - New Clip Options, Editor Options, Onion Skinning, and More!

I see that you’ve edited the post today and I like all the new features
:exploding_head:
More bug’s are fixed! :bug:
Everything’s turning out great! :+1:
Good job and thanks Wick editor! :clap:
:partying_face:

EDIT: EXPORT ISSUE FIXED, however a small bug remains; pressing the x-button still doesn’t cancel an export.

Click to see original bug

I can’t video export anything.

I’m in chrome, test branch, tried exporting a 1-3 frame anim with just circles at all resolutions and it doesn’t progress. At least one other guy has the issue; he sat for an hour with no progress.
Also the x-button on the progress bar box should be made to cancel the export.

Hey @HOTS, could you please send me a screenshot of your developer console? There are some instructions here (My video wont finish rendering!) It will hopefully show an error I can use to fix the problem.

Sorry about the issue!

OMG YESSS THANK U omg i can finally export in .svg yesyesyesyes thank u so much if i start making money it’s going straight to your patreon

Hi,

small bug/feature request: if you hide the div that an animation is playing on, you get very ugly errors:

VM926:12607 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘_transformBounds’ of null
at CanvasView.getBounds (:12607:42)
at CanvasView.getCenter (:12662:15)
at CanvasView.setCenter (:12667:23)
at Wick.View.Project._renderSVGCanvas (:58819:28)
at Wick.View.Project.render (:58657:10)
at Wick.Project.tick (:49217:15)
at eval (:49276:24)

Is there any way to tell the wick-player to stop/destroy itselves?
Or, maybe, a way to surpress the errors :slight_smile:

regards,

Paul

Is SVG basically a type of image that isn’t made of “pixels” and only made of nodes, lines and curves? Or something along those lines?

it also appears to insist on opening in firefox by default. it will open in chrome if i drag it on a tab or click on the chrome download bar, but clicking on the actual file (in the dock) causes it to open in firefox. it even shows a mini firefox file picture on the left of the download.

1 Like

Yeah, SVG stands for Scalable Vector Graphic. So these are not pixels, but ‘shapes’ and in theory infinitely scalable.
This is a great addition to wick! :slight_smile:
regards,

Paul

that depends on your setup. Firefox is, apparently, just the default SVG-opening program at your system. You can pick from any number of programs!
An unbelievably great piece of OSS software is inkscape which I use all the time to make grapics.

There is a problem, at the moment, importing those in wick, though. I have found no format that correctly scales the outlines of shapes. Thats a bummer, but it might be fixed yet :slight_smile:

@pwiegers, mind sending over the specific code that you’re doing to reproduce this problem? I’m assuming this is when a project is embedded within another page.

Hi @Luxapodular,

thanks for your time/answer. No, there is no specific code involved here. But if I try to load a wick-project like I described here, I get those errors when I destroy the div. For instance, if I have div’s that are destroyed in a jQ GUI-tab, they come up - and will persist…
I would/could probably make these iframes or something, for this to be a separate DOM, but I would rather be able to stop/destroy the wick-player…?
If I am making any kind of sense here :slight_smile:
regards,

Paul