1.17 is currently available to test! Check out the upgraded editor on test.wickeditor.com !
Recenter will now recenter canvases regardless of their size.
The toolbar now automatically adjusts to smaller screen sizes.
The Video, Gif, and Image Exporter now has an advanced option to export projects at different resolutions.
Tool Settings are now stored between sessions
There is a new Asset Preview for images, and sounds.
There is a new “Add to Canvas” option for assets.
Animated Gifs can now be imported as clips.
There is now a “Remove Frames” Hotkey and “Remove Frames from Playhead” Option.
Engine Warnings can now be displayed to users.
Onion Skinning now has multiple layers, so it is displayed properly behind objects.
Users can now color their onion skinning with the “outlines” options!
Clips now can be synced, looped, played once, or single framed!
Videos are now rendered with H.264! (They’ll play on discord!)
- Fixed a bug where video export did not display which frame was being rendered.
- Fixed a bug where black bars would not render properly on retina displays.
- Fixed a bug where the export window would not show current progress when closed and reopened.
- Fixed a bug where multiple tweens could not have their easing options changed simultaneously.
- Fixed a bug where there would be no warning when deleting an asset that was being used in the project.
- Fixed a bug where assets could not be dragged from the asset library on touch screens.
- Fixed a bug where quickly cycling through frames would cause a drawing error where a path would get stuck on screen.
- Fixed a bug where object clip outlines would stay on screen during export.
- Fixed a bug where setting an object’s position to undefined would cause the object to disappear between play/pauses
- Fixed a bug where objects with a width or height of 0 would break the editor.
- Fixed a bug where insert keyframe would split the current frame, instead of just adding a blank frame.
- Fixed a bug where clip boxes would render on hidden layers.
- Fixed a bug where tweens could not be copy pasted
- Fixed a bug where the settings icon would not display a tooltip.
- Fixed a bug where the fill bucket would use hidden layers when filling.
- Fixed a bug where users could use the same hotkey for two different actions
- Fixed a bug where deleting the content on the first frame of a clip would make the clip disappear.
- Fixed a bug where the eraser would erase multiple lines that were not touched.
- Fixed a bug where deleting assets from the asset library would not delete these assets from the project.
- Updated some examples on the homepage to use the new touch system for mouseX, mouseY.
- SVG Import/Export (Thanks @Oliver_Stieber!)
- On video renders, the render text is a bit clearer.
- Clip syncing has been converted from a mode, to a toggleable state.
- Brush Modes are now selectable (paint behind, paint selection, paint around).
- Onion skinning can now be set to 0 on either side.
- The VCam has been widely improved with support for more resolutions, and movement.
- Example projects have been updated on the main page to work with touch events.
- Drawing on an empty frame no longer causes a crash.
- The popup system no longer crashes when changing the brush drawing type.
- Video export now more accurately represents the color of the animation.
- Hotkeys now properly apply when being reset.
- Tinted outlines and onion skins now reset when playing.
- Multi-Canvas selections can now be converted to clips.
- PlayOnce clips now reset on multiple plays.
- HTML Export now uses appropriate size on retina displays.
- Standalone audio export now works effectively.
- The loading bar now appears for export image sequence.
- Firefox now exports videos that can be seen on Discord.
Try the 1.17.1 update now on test.wickeditor.com!