Object Timeline Bugs

When copying and pasting, the name is removed from an object. This wouldn’t be that bad and actually kind of helpful if it didn’t also remove the name of the frames in the object’s timeline. For complex objects, having to rename every frame is very tedious.

Sometimes when adding frames to an objects timeline and exiting, some of the frames from the object’s timeline will be gone. Sometimes it seems very random. I’ve had every other frame gone, only the first few, and most of the time it’ll work just fine.

It happens most often when I copy and paste frames a bunch. It happened a lot on a timer I was working on where I just copy and pasted the frame over and over again just changing the text field, but it has happened on frames without text fields.

I’ve also had frames be replaced by other frames, I had a shoot animation be replaced with a reload animation and other things. These animations also required a lot of copying and pasting. Sometimes the objects will work fine in the project editor but when you open them the frames will disappear or be replaced. Other times you can notice it in the project, and it’ll also be broken in the timeline.

This hasn’t been too much of an issue so far and it’s only happened three times. I haven’t been putting too much effort into my frames, but I couldn’t imagine, when I do put effort in, the tedium of losing an hour of work randomly.

Hey Baggef, we’ll take a look at this! Would you be able to send me an example project that has this problem?

This one is a simple timer that counts down and each frame 1-10 is the numbers 1-10, with frame 11 being 0. I made it by copying and pasting the frames. I ran the project and opened the timeline and every frame other than the 1 and 10 were deleted, and the 10 is now on the 11th frame.

This also brings me to another thing that would be helpful which is a way to count realtime seconds. I’ve tried setting a variable to 60 at 60 fps and subtracting one from that variable in the update loop but it goes way too fast.

Edit: the thing I described does work, I guess my code just is off today
timer.wick (1.8 KB)

Hey @Baggef,

We just found the error. We’ll be pushing a fix for this very soon.

1 Like

A fix was pushed for this last night! There was an error with the way copied frames stored some of their data.

1 Like