Problems with Audio playback

Complete the following questions so forum users and Wick Editor developers can give you the best help possible! If the following questions are not completed, your post may be edited or removed.

Has this bug been reported already?
Yes, But it’s really Old.
Describe the bug
The audio plays from the top when starting from frame one but if i pause and play, the audio rewinds a bit, I don’t know which exports, leading to videos with the audio offset from the video.
To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the bug, if you have them:

1. Add an audio file
  2. Expand it to play the whole thing.
  3. Play it from frame 1
  4. Pause and Replay

Expected behavior
The audio continues where i left it and the end resulting video has the audio where i need it.

Computer Information

• Device Type: All
  • Browser: Firefox/Desktop App
2 Likes

I’ll change this to feature suggestion… since we don’t have pauseSound() or continueSound() it is not actually a bug. The Editor only has playSound() and stopAllSounds().

This is not meant to be/a suggestion for anything, it’s an actual problem I’m experiencing with non/interactive projects and i think the audio should match either way and I don’t have to code it to do so, pausing the audio isn’t related to this report’s topic, the report is reporting that audio doesn’t sync in some places.

1 Like

Yes, I misunderstood your problem description. I’ll changing that back. Sorry for the confusion.
@Luxapodular

On the contrary, i do thing pausing and resuming audio or maybe playing it from a certain amount of seconds in would be nice!

yes we need this:
Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 2.27.11 PM

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m kinda having this problem but with a really long audio. The audio I was trying to play was around 3 minutes, and I stretched it out so I could play it and it wouldn’t play. The weirder part was that it wasn’t doing this when exported.

normally i would just code in the sound to start with a single frame