Question regarding the sound bug

I have a question. So I’ve heard that the developers are working on fixing the bug where some of the sound wont render whenever I export the animation as an mp4 (Ive spoken abt it in my previous post)
When exactly is the bug going to be fixed? :point_right: :point_left: :pleading_face: i just wanna know since my project is due on the 29th,

1 Like

@SKYELYNN_VELEZ , from Luxapodular’s responses it seems like the fix will be out in the next few weeks. I really don’t know exactly how long it will take. It does seem like it will be out soon though. IDK. I have no experience in coding. Sorry if it goes past your deadline! :sob: You might want to message @Luxapodular, or @zrispo directly for a faster response.

Hi @SKYELYNN_VELEZ,
If you can’t wait for a fix to the bug, you may want to try these work-arounds:

• Save a backup copy of your project. Then, remove sound from some of the layers that have it, and see if export to MP4 renders the rest of the sounds right. Then use editing software to put the sounds back in. Or, if sound is still broken, use editing software to take out the broken sound and replace it.
  • See if Export as Audio Track works, then use editing software to mix the audio track with the exported video.

I’ve done the first workaround using iMovie for iPad, but don’t bother; that app is awful. :man_facepalming: Many of my sounds did not work, it is hard to place sounds precisely, and a few sounds even went missing when I exported the video.

1 Like

Hey @SKYELYNN_VELEZ, for now I would stick to @kryptot7’s suggestions. At the moment, it seems that the complications with sound are more complex than I initially suspected. What I thought was one bug, turned out to be several bugs so I can’t give a great estimate on when this may be fixed.

2 Likes

@SKYELYNN_VELEZ @Monaco1 and @kryptot7 GOOD NEWS!

I was able to find and squash one of the biggest bugs in the newest release. I’ve gone ahead and pushed the fix to 1.17 (test.wickeditor.com).

Small caveat. The audio renderer seems to be dropping sounds on frame 1 of projects. I’ll be looking to fix this tomorrow. Otherwise, the new audio renderer should pick up sounds in clips, and throughout the project. (@awc95014, you’ll be happy to hear Super Crazy Bros seems to be rendering really well!)

Hopefully we can have the full 1.17 release, with several bug fixes alongside the sounds fixes, out ASAP. Thanks for your patience everyone.

2 Likes

the export is taking absolutely forever - but it’s getting there… 3/4 a second per frame? I’ll see what it ends up as when it’s done.

1 Like

It appears that it works perfectly apart from one small thing. the volume thing on export is always at 1, not at what I want, like 0.4, and other decimals to make it quieter and all that. other than that - here’s the new video of SCB. (the power-down and Mario “waa”-ing after the lego echo should be quiet)

2 Likes

I’ll look into that today. I don’t believe the seek or volume are currently getting passed in, but that should be a more straightforward fix then this bug.

1 Like

You could just export it as html and screencapture it with audio using something like OBS.