Resize script editor doesn't show max extra lines of code

Has this bug been reported already?
No

Describe the bug
When resizing the script editor window the number of lines that fit in the editor doesn’t consistently grow with the window size. It leaves a blank area below the lines of code.

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the bug, if you have them:

1. Open the script editor
  2. Add some lines of code (say 50)
  3. Resize the code editor vertically
  4. Observe how the lines of code do not fill the entire window anymore

Expected behavior
I expected the number of visible code lines to grow with the available vertical space in the resized window.

*Computer Information

• Device: Type: Desktop
  • Browser: Chrome

Added comment
The same kind of thing happens in the horizontal plane when you add more text to a line of code the screen starts scrolling to the left before cursor hits the right edge of the screen (only after a horizontal resize to a greater width)

1 Like

Hello.
I just had in mind to start a topic because of this issue.
I run the Wick-Editor on Linux and a have the same problem, that resizing of the Code-Editor-Window want work as expected.
In my case the code want exceed 25 lines and lives an empty space, that is
quit irritating when programming.

I hope there is a improved version of the editor coming soon.
Martin

when you resize the code editor it bugs out a bit. if you close/reopen the code, it should fix itself.

every time the window wick is in resizes, the code editor will also reset to its default size. so you’ll have to do the resize/close/open trick.

unfortunately wick has not been in development for many years, so i don’t expect any bugs to be fixed any time soon. thankfully there are workarounds for things like this.

1 Like

do u think that university even remembers wick anymore?
cuz like, its been a very long time and nothing has happened