[SOLVED] Tweening opacity does not work

Wick Editor 1.19.3
On these devices:
iPhone 12 Pro iOS14.3
Mac Pro OS 10.11.6

Steps:

1. Created a frame with length of 20

2. Created a red box with opacity of 1 (100% opacity)

3. Set a tween icon at the beginning for the 100% full opacity box.

4. Moved the box to a tween location at the end of the frame and set its opacity to 0.5 (50%) opacity.

5. Ran the frame (1 to 20).

6. Result 1: motion tween works fine but

7. Result 2: box opacity set for first tween icon (1) becomes the same opacity as in the final tween icon (0.5). No opacity tween from full (1) to 50% (0.5) at all.

Can this be fixed? Very frustrating.
Thanks.

i think i had this problem too…but solve it …here what i did…

at the end of the frame …i clicked the clip and set into lower opacity

and i clicked anywhere on the canvas
and i played the animation

and it works

and i realize why it didnt work because when
i was set to the lower opacity ,…i immediately play the clip or i immediately go to other frame…

i hope this works for you :grin:

Hi,

yeah, this seems to have been a problem for a long time.
You can tween opacity, but you need to follow some strange steps:

• create tween-point
  • change opacity with slider
  • directly click into the box with the (now) 0 in it for opacity

Of you do not do the last step, which seems pointless, then wick will reset the opacity back tgo 100%
This works for me; YMMV :slight_smile:

Paul

1 Like

Thanks for your advice. I will try doing this on my desktop Mac Pro where there is a slider for fill and opacity in the Inspection box. However, I can’t do this on my iPhone because the only option to setting the second tween point to change the opacity is not available unless I activate the “edit frame” control. This results in the opacity change making the frame go back to a length of one frame. So maybe this is not an opacity tween iPhone option.

Thank you so much for your advice. But as I look at your example on my iPhone, I am not seeing an opacity gradation occurring over the course of the motion of the square from the beginning to the end. So I will take at this on my Mac Pro desktop computer to see if it works there. It might just be that this opacity gradation effect is not possible on an iPhone application.

Just found a YouTube video on opacity tweening. https://youtu.be/WLxhA7LRnKg

1 Like

Happy to say that the desktop Wick Editor 1.19.3 version opacity tweening works beautifully on my Mac Pro. Hope the same can be said when I buy an iPad Pro to use Wick Editor 1.19.3 and any later versions. I open the Wick web version to do this work. Wonderful app!

1 Like