Something is wrong with exporting Mp4's

Complete the following questions so forum users and Wick Editor developers can give you the best help possible! If the following questions are not completed, your post may be edited or removed.

Has this bug been reported already?
Check on the forum’s search feature. If it has, please comment there with new details!

Describe the bug
A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the bug, if you have them:

  1. Go to ‘…’
  2. Click on ‘…’
  3. Scroll down to ‘…’
  4. See error

Anytime I try to Export an Mp4 it just plays the sound but shows no animation
For the Past 2 days I’ve been making animations and exporting them but they keep showing none of the actual animation but plays the music I don’t know why this is happening but Its frustrating because I want to show my friends the animations I’ve been making but can’t.

Screenshots

*Computer Information

  • OS: Chrome OS
  • Device Type: Desktop
  • Browser Chrome

try using Candlestick, it might have been fixed since some features that were broken got fixed in the new fork.

No point reporting bugs for Wick Editor. There is no team developing for it at all. Only the Forks like Stickmanred and Candelstick will take note, and then only for those particular forks. LukeTools also has an exporter. But it will only play via VLC player. I believe this is the same issue for Wick mp4 aswell. Do a Google search for mp4 to mp4 you may find a converter that fixes this.

L

this same bug happened to me a few months back… i fixed it by sending the wick file to my teacher’s beefy pc to export. and that worked fine. i was using candlestick, and my terrible crappy school chromebook.

Hey @inky_the_squid we’ve fixed the MP4 export issues on a fork of the Wick Editor known as Candlestick, and the fix is available on our test branch at https://candlestickers.app/test

Try exporting your video there and hopefully it’ll work without issue :+1:
@monocle_enjoyer I hope this helps you as well.
(if you come by any problems though feel free to let us know and ping me, the MP4 exporter is my area in the fork)

I wouldn’t discourage against reporting bugs. Even if the original Wick team disbanded, it’s better to report a bug and have it fixed on a community fork you can use than to never get an answer and need to struggle through workarounds

1 Like

I think I did say that. Bug reports should be for Candelstick and Other Forks. - Maybe you are confused by the way I phrased it?

1 Like