Stacker game devlog

What is the context of those lines? WickClip, Frame, Project? Also, you sound asset doesn’t have the extension… (like .mp3) just in case…

that’s in a frame. i removed the extension in the audio name so that’s why i don’t have them there.

i think it’s done!!!

you should see multiplayer thumbnails when other players are online. however, they only appear when the opponent places a piece cuz… i’m lazy to fix it…

also, the thumbnails are MASSIVELY simplified because, well, think of the number of clips the game would need to have. (and think of the work i’d need to do… ick)

here’s a video demonstration. realistically the max players would be, like, 4, but it is expandable to 20 or 30 players before it overflows past the edges. i could make them resize better but i can’t be bothered right now.

so uh, have fun! unfortunately the replit server has to be manually turned on my me if it ever disconnects, so currently it will NOT connect online if someone tries to join and the server is off. but on the off-chance it is on, you are free to make multiple tabs and give it a try.

Stacker multiplayer1-6-2024_18-05-25.html (3.4 MB)

3 Likes

Anyways, here’s an updated overview of the game…

Clear lines in this stacker game legally distinct from Tetris to attack your opponents. Your opponents will send garbage lines back to you so be careful and don’t reach the top of the board!

Controls

Key Action
move left
move right
X rotate clockwise
Z rotate counterclockwise
shift rotate 180 degrees
soft drop
space hard drop
C hold
R restart (when dead)

Attack Table

Clear Lines
Single 0
Double 1
Triple 2
Quad 4
Spin Single 2
Spin Double 4
Spin Triple 6
All Clear +10

no combos or back-to-back…

Features

• core features from modern stackers
    • extra additions to SRS, with O-spins and better S and Z rotations
    • all-spins
  • sound effects from Tetra Online
  • line clear effects (all other effects are turned off)
  • multiplayer, with very simplified opponent thumbnails

Play

Remember that my Replit server has to be on for you to connect and see opponents. So there is a 99.99% chance you will not be able to play online. To be sure, you can open the console and see all the WebSocket errors, or open multiple tabs of the game (place a few pieces in each instance first).

Also, remember that you can just press R to reset when you die.

Stacker multiplayer1-6-2024_18-05-25.html (3.4 MB)

5 Likes

It works great, wow… you did it. well done.

2 Likes

This is so cool! Fantastic work!

4 Likes

What? Is this a ghost? Luxapodular!

2 Likes