Stuck on "Please Wait"

I’m teaching a Digital Animation class and some students are having an issue with Wick, getting stuck on loading/saving projects.

For example, this project won’t open:
part2.wick (2.4 MB)

I’ve tried it on Chrome, Firefox and Edge.

I can’t open it either, but I can open other files. It might be corrupted or something. You think you can remake the project, or is there too much work in the file?

1 Like

Can’t open it either, and had this issue before. The file might be “too complex” for Wick to open, or

This is where saving projects comes in handy. If your students have an old saved project version of it, they should try accessing that (mainly because I think that the current file is useless by now, since Wick is the ONLY website that’s able to open Wick files). Any type of video or old version projects could help rebuild this one. Also, this problem is one I don’t have much experience in, so this is all I could say to help, but I’ll look deep in the issue and get back to you if I’ll find anything new. @Luxapodular would be able to give you more help with this problem. Sorry for all the troubles @Blaylock, and hope you’ll find the solution.

Sincerely,
Hanzoh Alani

1 Like

Depends on how complex is “too complex.” I can open some of my large animations within 5 seconds, Some games I attempt to make open fine but go to a crawl on running… That file doesn’t even crawl, it just seems to sit there. Do you have backups that work?

It’s one of my students project. She sent me, some time ago, a version which was over 100 Mb and was taking ages to Load/Save.
So I suggested eliminating some assets that were unnecessary but the Delete function seems to be broken.
Next, I suggested dividing the project in smaller parts then linking them together. She now sent me 3 parts, all of which won’t open. The other 2 parts are too big to attach here.

Hi @Blaylock, I have found the problem and have pushed a fix to editor.wickeditor.com.

There was an issue where projects that have many empty layers can sometimes break the loading process. Please ask your students to try loading again and hopefully this should take care of the issue!

i downloaded your file and it opened fine on my computer. but my file refuses to load

my project is 416 KB and i’ve tried like 50 times. it wont load. can anyone help me fix this becuase i tried everything on here already