Test and alpha version of wick have different button mechanics

I moved a project from alpha.wickeditor.com to test.wickeditor.com, and it was fine apart from the buttons.
In alpha, I used the brush tool to write things like “next” and “back” and drew the boxes around them and made it a button. When I put it in the test, the empty spaces in the button did not interact with the button. (For example, the spaces between the word “NEXT” wouldn’t be detected as a button.) I don’t know if this is a bug or if it was a FIX from the bug, but I would like it to be patched.

And since we’re here, I want to list a few things that I would want in the future, or may already be a feature that I don’t know about:

1. shortcut for adding a frame
  2. more customizable backgrounds (for example, images, gifs)

3. I don’t know what else to put. Things may come up in the future, or other people will have their thoughts on additional features.

Thanks!

0 Likes

I’d also like to clarify that in the alpha, the button problems didn’t occur.

0 Likes

Hey awc, mind sending me your .wick file?

We have made a few updates to buttons, and I want to see exactly how it’s effecting you.

We’re looking into improving the editor with some of these other features as well!

1 Like

alright, this project is just about what i want to teach. (it’s unfinished)
animation club (4).wick (90.7 KB)

1 Like

Ah! I see exactly what you mean.

This is actually a fix in the new editor. The button will only activate if there is something other than emptiness behind the mouse. Here’s a version of the project with a semi transparent circle on the first frame showing how it works.

(You should be able to turn the semi-transparent circle completely transparent).

animation club.wick (91.1 KB)

2 Likes

alright, thanks so much!

1 Like