Textinput.wickobj Sans Serif is in fact a serif font

Has this bug been reported already?
no

Describe the bug
The text input field says it’s SansSerif but infact it displays a serif font.
Changing to another font is possible but changing back to sans serif is not (font is missing from the dropdrown)

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the bug, if you have them:

1. Inport textinput.wickobj into the asset library by klicking the + button
  2. Drag an input onto the stage
  3. The displayed sans serif font clearly is not the same as the sans serif font of a standard text
  4. Change to other font and then back to sans serif (not possible cuz missing from list)

Expected behavior
The sans serif font of an input text and a normal text field should look identical.
Choosing sans serif from dropdown should be possible.

Screenshots
none

Computer Information

• Device Type: Desktop
  • Browser [e.g. Chrome

Do you have a suggested solution to this issue? (ex. has another program fixed this bug a certain way? Are you familiar with where in the code base someone would need to fix this issue?)
nope

Additional context Optional*
Add any other context about the problem here.
none

1 Like

by this (i think/thought) you mean that in the editor, it shows as serif, but when you type inside it, it shows a sans-serif font.

It is possible this could be a display issue… doesn’t happen very often, but happens often enough for there to be a point discarding the possibility. Try zooming in on the page itself (not on the screenshot, the page OR the text itself) and see if it still looks sans-serif?
It is best to rule out this chance.

the js input box uses whatever your browser’s default font it, so if you want to change to font in the input, change the browser font.

I will try to explain…
If I put a text box on the screen it displays with a font that resembles Arial. If I place an input text on the screen it displays a serif font with little hooks at the ends. Both say they are sans serif, yet they look different both in design time and runtime

1 Like

I’m not sure what you are saying but the textbook and text input definitely look different.

I think this is not a standard js inputbox (?)