The application wick editor is bad.....very bad

I am FUMING! The application of wick just crashed and I lost SOOOO much work! And When I’m in a clip and the main timeline appears and reappears! The renders are horrendous! And I have a newer computer now! I’m almost considering just paying for flash! Im sorry I shouldn’t be this angry but I’m just upset and filled with rage!

you do have a right to be mad, at the fact that wick has many mental problems; but flash is worst, it would just crash out of nowhere and you will also lose a lot of stuff,it would require a lot of stuff just to turn it to a mp4, and other, (unless if it was adobe flash not macromedia, adobe on the other hand is built different.) but consider this, the minute you get done with something in wick, just save it. but ya wick pissess me of aswell

4 Likes

Finally someone points out the timeline glitches

4 Likes

the web app is better optimized and hasent crashed on me in awhile.
and as long as you save your files alot then your are fine.

3 Likes

Well the desktop app isn’t complete yet. So there might be bugs. Just stick to the web app until the desktop app is complete. Also, I understand what it feels like to lose all your hard work. One time I was working on Mystified Classes 2 and then my computer crashed. I quit the project.

1 Like

i… um… just remember to save frequently.

I think they will fix that in the timeline update thing… i think.

i mean, maybe it’s better? it’s a payed app thingy so i’d think it’s better? idk.

i think it’s okay to be upset, it’s just feelings. and you explained yourself as to why you’re angry, and your points are valid.

I think it’s the exact same as the web editor, just an app… maybe a few differences but they should be about the same…

3 Likes

I find the web editor gives higher quality exports, so I use it for exporting. Also how I had an unusual experience at one point in app that didn’t replicate in web.
I assume it has something to do with how the web editor is slightly newer.
But you’re right, the differences are very few, and my only noticeable hitch is the exporting. The app isn’t ‘incomplete’ as such.

I understand @butt. I’m sorry to hear this from you again. The tool is far from perfect. We have to constantly save our work so we don’t lose it. It requires patience and discipline. If you can afford Adobe Animate, I encourage you to pay for it. It is a great software, I love it.

3 Likes

I honestly would still use animate if you could export to HTML5.
But the small things like games not being fullscreen and stuff just drive me crazy.

Not sure what you mean by that. Animate provides html5 export, and you ca adjust the canvas to be full screen if you want.

i honestly never knew that -_-

yeah I tried out flash but I can’t figure out how to convert it

thanks for always being so kind Jovanny I don’t think I will be switching to flash though cause I can’t figure out how to export to mp4

I thought Flash was RIP

Flash Player is RIP. Adobe Animate (Flash IDE) is alive.

5 Likes

Yeah, The web app seems better.

Thats why we Have WickEditor :slight_smile:

(this video made only with wick editor)and i finally :upside_down_face: finished it after all the crash on wick editor:

maybe this can cheer you up and give a little motivation …
cuz when you were patient and keep saving the file …you will see that the progress was wonderful
just like what im doing like in the video :slight_smile:
6 Likes