This is the first time i get this problem

I’ve reported some problems before, but these two are new that I’ve never experienced!

The bucket tool is acting funky, here’s an image:
gif bucket problem

So is the text input, it can’t be deleted and runs without having the project button clicked! Here’s what I mean:
gif text problem

The project that had this happen in was part of a tutorial set for Wick i was working on, it was the second part of the set so far that was meant to help people start off with making projects. I could live with the bucket fill problem, but I was near finishing before the text input problem came.

Anyone knows whats going on? I’d be honored to know the answer!

Thanks for reading my post,
        ~Hanzoh Alani
1 Like

I think this is a 1.17 issue. Maybe a bunch of bugs were found after the release, or they occured transferring 1.17 to the normal editor. If the same problem occurs in test, we must have not found those bugs before releasing.

1 Like

The same problem for the bucket fill is in the test, but I think the text input trouble is solved - the text input problem seems to happen once you delete the “unload” script for it after double tapping it (I used the wick built in text input)

I just tried out your first problem, and it doesn’t happen to me. Do you think it’s something else triggering it to work before running?

Wasn’t able to replicate your fill bucket bug either.

When I run the project, the bucket has the same glitch as it moves - I’ll be guessing it has to do with the shape itself. The project is still in progress, so here’s a quick file that has only the glitch: quick glitch.wick (84.0 KB)
I tried it with different shapes, here’s the results:

Draw a shape that has a divider inside with a tiny gap:

And fill it! It’ll then lag as you move:

My guess is that its a new glitch in the 1.17 update since it worked on more than three other shapes!

1 Like

I’ve noticed the bucket acting funky like that before. I just fill it in again to fix it although it might make the editor lag.

1 Like

Thanks @PineappleCow for this quick solution!

The bucket lag might be funky, but I think it could
be an advantage since you could make patterns
with it that were never seen in Wick! :star_struck:

lag for good
It’s really fun to experiment with it! I recommend
that you guys try to make a cool pattern with it !

2 Likes

I never thought about that! I mainly used it to clean up the fills when I was making my short film and knew it wouldn’t lag when I made it a video

1 Like